Time to buy?

/ Time to buy? #1  

TXFord8n

Tractor
Ford 8n
I was thinking about buying a 70hp tractor (Kubota, JD) in a few years, but I have heard about the impending diesel emissions requirements, Tier 4, on the new motors. Is it time to buy now? I can do it, and it would be put to use. I fear those new requirements because I will idle my tractors from time to time. I have experience with the 6.7 in the Cummins when it came out in 2007, and it was an absolute disaster. When I buy new, I want a tractor that works.

Is it time to buy? Or can I wait?

/ Time to buy? #2  
there is a whole other thread on this but I need to search for it, anyone know what it's called?

/ Time to buy? #4  
When I buy new, I want a tractor that works.

Contrary to popular believe....the world of tractors, is NOT over...

/ Time to buy? #5  
I was thinking about buying a 70hp tractor (Kubota, JD) in a few years, but I have heard about the impending diesel emissions requirements, Tier 4, on the new motors. Is it time to buy now? I can do it, and it would be put to use. I fear those new requirements because I will idle my tractors from time to time. I have experience with the 6.7 in the Cummins when it came out in 2007, and it was an absolute disaster. When I buy new, I want a tractor that works.

My thinking is this, we know that the tractor out now seem to be good with few problems across the board. All the brands seem to be running well without major issues. While I don't wan't to have a dismal outlook we just don't know what lies in the immediate future with Tier 4 compliance, but usually these changes bring on a new set of problems to work through. There are some good tractors available now with good financing options, that said I think you would be better off buying now than waiting untill the new models come out. Most people seem to think the new tractors will cost more, interest rates imo are lower than they should be and I suggest you take advantage of all of this.

/ Time to buy? #6  
My thinking is this, we know that the tractor out now seem to be good with few problems across the board. All the brands seem to be running well without major issues. While I don't wan't to have a dismal outlook we just don't know what lies in the immediate future with Tier 4 compliance, but usually these changes bring on a new set of problems to work through. There are some good tractors available now with good financing options, that said I think you would be better off buying now than waiting untill the new models come out. Most people seem to think the new tractors will cost more, interest rates imo are lower than they should be and I suggest you take advantage of all of this.

My daddy always told me buying new is usually a good thing to do if you could afford it, but never to buy anything in it's first year of production. For what it is worth!

/ Time to buy? #8  
Txford, how bout you get the best of both worlds, wait a few more years, save the money you would be spending on a loan now, and then buy a used 2012 M7040 with low hours and save a boatload of cash.
It's a win win!

/ Time to buy? #9  

I'm with this guy.

/ Time to buy? #10  
if your going to buy a new tractor id do it now.it doesnt matter what they add to the new tractors,the prices will keep going up.i think my MX5100 HST 4x4 with quicktatch LA844 loader has gone up $3000 or $4000 in 2yrs.