Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Ford 8n

Default Time to buy?

I was thinking about buying a 70hp tractor (kubota, JD) in a few years, but I have heard about the impending diesel emissions requirements, Tier 4, on the new motors. Is it time to buy now? I can do it, and it would be put to use. I fear those new requirements because I will idle my tractors from time to time. I have experience with the 6.7 in the Cummins when it came out in 2007, and it was an absolute disaster. When I buy new, I want a tractor that works.

Is it time to buy? Or can I wait?

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035 HST

Default Re: Time to buy?

there is a whole other thread on this but I need to search for it, anyone know what it's called?

Tractor
    JD 4110/JD 445

Quote Originally Posted by streamin View Post
    there is a whole other thread on this but I need to search for it, anyone know what it's called?
    http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/b...-now-time.html

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Quote Originally Posted by TXFord8n View Post
    When I buy new, I want a tractor that works.

Contrary to popular believe....the world of tractors, is NOT over...
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

I was thinking about buying a 70hp tractor (kubota, JD) in a few years, but I have heard about the impending diesel emissions requirements, Tier 4, on the new motors. Is it time to buy now? I can do it, and it would be put to use. I fear those new requirements because I will idle my tractors from time to time. I have experience with the 6.7 in the Cummins when it came out in 2007, and it was an absolute disaster. When I buy new, I want a tractor that works.

My thinking is this, we know that the tractor out now seem to be good with few problems across the board. All the brands seem to be running well without major issues. While I don't wan't to have a dismal outlook we just don't know what lies in the immediate future with Tier 4 compliance, but usually these changes bring on a new set of problems to work through. There are some good tractors available now with good financing options, that said I think you would be better off buying now than waiting untill the new models come out. Most people seem to think the new tractors will cost more, interest rates imo are lower than they should be and I suggest you take advantage of all of this.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Montana R4944, Ford Jubilee, Ford 621, Ford 841

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    My thinking is this, we know that the tractor out now seem to be good with few problems across the board. All the brands seem to be running well without major issues. While I don't wan't to have a dismal outlook we just don't know what lies in the immediate future with Tier 4 compliance, but usually these changes bring on a new set of problems to work through. There are some good tractors available now with good financing options, that said I think you would be better off buying now than waiting untill the new models come out. Most people seem to think the new tractors will cost more, interest rates imo are lower than they should be and I suggest you take advantage of all of this.
    My daddy always told me buying new is usually a good thing to do if you could afford it, but never to buy anything in it's first year of production. For what it is worth!
    Montana R4944
    Ford Jubliee, Ford 841, Ford 621 industrial with FEL & BH

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

You can wait, but what you buy will be about $3000 more expensive and have lots of scary things under the hood.

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Txford, how bout you get the best of both worlds, wait a few more years, save the money you would be spending on a loan now, and then buy a used 2012 M7040 with low hours and save a boatload of cash.
    It's a win win!
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinsph View Post
    I'm with this guy.
    TN75D, w/cab, FEL, BH
    7 1/2 ft Lucknow Blower

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

if your going to buy a new tractor id do it now.it doesnt matter what they add to the new tractors,the prices will keep going up.i think my MX5100 HST 4x4 with quicktatch LA844 loader has gone up $3000 or $4000 in 2yrs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast