Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Bronze Member
    Tractor
    kubota g2460 Kubota L4330

Default Re: Not Sure What Type of Tractor to Buy

skid steer type of a quick attach on front of loader to switch from bucket to forks to snowplow. Filled rear tires for more traction and stability. A ballast box to offset heavy loads on the front,more traction in snow with front snowplow.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota L3200

Quote Originally Posted by HFF View Post
    (He's been busy trying to clear brush/woods all weekend with a wheelbarrow and garden tools (which hasn't gone all that well) and will probably write in on his own tomorrow or Tuesday.
    That makes me think of another piece of advice -- get the tractor SOON! I darn near killed myself landscaping and maintaining our current property without a tractor. When we bought new property last December, I bought a tractor two weeks later, and it has been invaluable in the months since doing things like wood cutting, clearing, culvert installation, driveway maintenance, etc. We won't be living at the new place until next spring, but buying the tractor early, when it can be most beneficial, was a good thing to do. Now, that tractor purchase also cascaded into a new trailer and a bigger tow vehicle, implements, etc... so be careful about that slippery slope....

Gold Member
    Tractor
    MF 35, Mahindra 4035

I would like to echo woodlandfarms...a good dealer that has a good service department is as important as the brand...all the big boys (Deere, kubota, Massey, NH, mahindra, kioti, etc...) make good tractors...each has just a little different feature, check around with different tractor owners, ignore brand, instead ask about the dealer/service...test drive as many as you can, don't buy to little (hp)...you can save lots of $ by buying used implements...and buy soon .... Enjoy and be safe! Oh yeah, ask all the questions you can first, they are free ! This forum is a great place to ask and learn...

Rich

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123