2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #21  
Not sure how the rest of you guys are dealing with cold starts but my '08 4720 is a cold hearted B&*^%$. You might wanna just plan on the block heater from the git-go. If not too late, you may also want to get the front/rear work lights if not already on your list. They are invaluable..

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice
The deluxe cab comes with front and rear work lights. I think the block heater is a good idea I think i will add that as well. Should be at the dealer in the next couple days.

Thanks for your response. How do you like your 4720?

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #23  
Yeah, I think the rear lights were an option when I bought it but couldnt recall. I really like it. I wish I had done a few of the options you are doing but I can add em so not a big deal. I have the Deluxe Cab, 400CX with the cut blade, eHydro. Almost the same tractor all around. I put the block heater in the second year (very easy install), just pop a freeze plug, put it in and purge the air. Being in Colorado we do get pretty cold. I do think the battery is too small for those of us doing cold starts but I keep it on a battery tender in the winter so it stays fresh and warm. I installed the hood exhaust after my first year as well; the stock exhaust kicked up too much when I was mowing and caused the cooling stack to get clogged up. One thing you'll notice (well, maybe in the summer) is that the temp looks to be high. You will see that most folks with the 4720 see the temp gauge to be at what would look to be too hot (like at the 2 o'clock position). It seems to be normal, so dont worry about it.

Thanks for the info. Always nice to hear about what other people have as far as options and feelings on do's and don'ts.

The Tractor was delivered yesterday. Now which project to start with first. Thanks for everyones input on options. First thing is some hooks on the bucket.

IMG_1009.jpgIMG_1010.jpgIMG_1013.jpgIMG_1011.jpg

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #26  
Very nice-enjoy-by the way-in that rear shot the draft arm stabilizer links (not sure if that is what the book calls them) look like the old style flat ones vs. the newer tube type-or am I seeing things?

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #27  
Very nice, am sure you will enjoy it. Not sure what links you have (if flat or not) but depending what you put back there they may not last. I bent mine with the mower deck and was upgraded to the heavy duty (round) links under warranty. No problem with the round ones.

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #28  
Nice rig, you should be good to go.:thumbsup:

Looks like the round stabilizers to me.:confused3:

Thanks for the comments. Havent done much with it yet but so far so good. It does have the round sway/ stabilizer arms.