2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #1  

trbpilot

Tractor
John Deere 4300, 430 Loader, Kubota 6040M Cab LA1153 loader
Looking to purchase a new John Deere 4720 with Cab and FEL

This is what I have priced so far. Any inputs on other options i should consider. What is your opinion on turf tires vs industrials. I have a John Deere 4300 now with Turfs that I have been very happy with.

John Deere 4720 with Deluxe Cab
400CX FEL
72" HD Bucket with replaceable cutting edge
Cutting Edge
3rd function Hydraulic lines on FEL
Front and Rear Work lights
Factory installed radio
Electrohydraulic Third SCV Kit
R3 Turf Tires
Telescoping Draft links
Automotive Style cruise / Load match
Horn
Rear Fender extensions
External Mirrors
Deluxe Hood Guard
Frontier AP12F 48" pallet forks
Loaded Tires

Price out the door no tax is 46,100
This equals about 15.5% off list and is quoted with 0% for 72months

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #2  
Great machine you are building out there.

I would go ahead and add the 4 and 5 th scvs while you are at it and welcome aboard!

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #3  
I agree with adding the 4th and 5th remotes from the factory. Also IMatch, topntilt (possibly from Fit Rite Hydraulics), Rear wipers are included in the deluxe cab I hope.

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #4  
Is economy PTO an option, 540e? If so get it. iMatch quick hitch. 4th & 5th SCV. Will you need Power Beyond for your Hoe? Since you are happy with the turfs get them (I would get R1s, but my uses would probably be different) I think there are better radios aftermarket, just get radio prep.
Are you getting the two implement discount (Loader & Forks)? I agree on the fixed fork choice vs floating.
15.5% sounds good if it does not include any discounts. Discounts should be on top of the % off.

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #5  
Nice tractor, I also would recommend the 4th and 5th SCV valves. I don't think you will be mowing the yard with the 4720, so I would also recommend the R4's. The R4's are better suited for loader work and other ground engagement activities in my opinion than the turf tires. For straight ag work the R1's would probably be a better tire choice. For a all around combination tire, loader and ag the R4's are hard to beat.

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #6  
I have R3s on mine, they work great in both the very wet (more floatation) and dry areas of my property. The R3 are also good when snowblowing and never had problems getting the traction when doing loader work or pulling a disc. However, they are not good in wet muddy conditions; traction is just plain poor and you can easily get stuck, but you know this. It all comes down to your use case for what tires you need.

In addition, you have a great setup, but you might want to consider the 4520 over the 4720. It makes sense to move up from a 4320 to 4520 for another ~$2,200.00 because you can get the ethottle with an electronically control engine and transmission, ePTO and 12HP. From a 4520 to a 4720, you are paying about another $2,000.00 for 6HP more. Unless you really need the 6HP more for something, I would move down to the 4520 and save another ~$2,000.00. This is just my opinion, but I think the 4520 is really the sweet spot tractor in the higher horsepower line of 4x20 series. Furthermore, I would truly consider the ePTO option for the tractor as it will save on fuel if you do a lot of mowing.

As for the 4th and 5th SCVs, if you have a use case for them, then should get them now, but everyone's uses for their tractor is different. Some people use their tractor for business or will use a number of hydraulically control 3PH implements so a 4th and 5th SCV makes sense. Someone like me, I just need a 3rd SCV for my snowblower; I rarely would have a use for a 4th and 5th SCV.

Good Luck with your purchasing endeavor!

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #7  
As for the 4th and 5th SCVs, if you have a use case for them, then should get them now, but everyone's uses for their tractor is different. Some people use their tractor for business or will use a number of hydraulically control 3PH implements so a 4th and 5th SCV makes sense. Someone like me, I just need a 3rd SCV for my snowblower; I rarely would have a use for a 4th and 5th SCV.

Good Luck with your purchasing endeavor!

If you look at the OP's avatar and see the equipment listed such as the 96" backblade (rearblade) then most of us would assume he needs the 4th and 5th rear outlets at a minimum. A fully hydraulic rear blade can use four outlets as an example. A boxblade with hydraulic scarifiers needs three outlets.

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #8  
Ask your dealer about his contribution to your 0% at 72 months. My dealer explained to me that any financing over 48 months needs a dealer contribution which means you in turn pay a higher price. If you can swing the higher monthly payments, you might be able to get a better price with 0% at 48 months.

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice #9  
If you look at the OP's avatar and see the equipment listed such as the 96" backblade (rearblade) then most of us would assume he needs the 4th and 5th rear outlets at a minimum. A fully hydraulic rear blade can use four outlets as an example. A boxblade with hydraulic scarifiers needs three outlets.

Yeah, I understand the assumption. I am just trying to be more open ended. The issue is none of us know if those implements are hydraulic or not, such as the Land Pride backblade he has could be the simple RB36 96" backblade. I guess we will have to wait for the OP to respond so he can provide us with more explicit info. :)

/ 2012 John Deere 4720 Price Check / advice
Thanks for all the responses and think i will go with more outlets. I have a Harley Rake that has a power angle. My Box blade and Back-blade do not have hydraulic angle or tilt, but maybe in the future. The Top n Tilt is a tough one not having used it before. I think I will stick with Turf Tires as of know.

I have asked about buying the financing and I they do have to pay some. They are going to give me a 48 mo 0% price as well.

Does anybody know the difference in a Electric Diverter kit and a Electrohydraulic kit. The options on hydraulics is confusing.

I have a Kubota 6040m that Im selling as well that they are going to take on trade if i dont sell it before.