Tractor for cutting hay and brush.

/ Tractor for cutting hay and brush. #1  

RamingtonStall

Tractor
Kubota
New to farming and looking for Tractor for Cutting 20 acres of Hay, doing Brush Hog work and developing trails through 55 acres of woods. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

/ Tractor for cutting hay and brush. #2  
:welcome: to TBN. Depending on your budget, terrain and what you want to do with it would reflect what you need. Do you want used or new. To bail hay you'll need a bailer. Round or square. You already mentioned needing a bushhog. Five foot or six. Depends on the size and power of the tractor you buy. Trails? Boxscraper? There are many types of tractors. There are several good forum threads here you can pose your same question and get a variety of answers. Have a great day.:wave:

/ Tractor for cutting hay and brush. #3  
Sorry, but I know nothing about haying, I believe there is a special forum on that. Several members do that bigbull338, foreman Etexas, Mountainviewranch come to mind; can't remember the others off hand. If they don't show up might want to look for their threads or PM them.

/ Tractor for cutting hay and brush.
Hi guys! Thanks for the welcome. I will check through the other threads.

/ Tractor for cutting hay and brush. #5  
The previous members have offered sound advice, and I concur. BTW. welcome aboard. Best wishes.

/ Tractor for cutting hay and brush. #6  
I use a Kubota M7040(64pto HP),my cutter is a 8ft Vicon and baler is a Vermeer 5410 Rebel(5x4) works perfect for me. My shredders are a Landpride 8ft and Woods 12ft,pulls both fine.What are you looking at doing square or rounds? Guess most important is budget,got any idea? Cab vrs openstation,2x4 vrs 4x4,place level or hills,so many descions and questions:D
Give us a budget and I can assure you,you will get alot of great suggestions and welcome to TBN.....

/ Tractor for cutting hay and brush. #7  
Welcome from Oklahoma.

Ken

/ Tractor for cutting hay and brush. #8  
Welcome aboard

/ Tractor for cutting hay and brush. #9  
Welcome to TBN-join the fun:D.
Something like my 2008 Mahindra 5525 (55 hp engine, 45 hp pto) with a front end loader (FEL, 6-ft wide bucket) would be a good fit to your jobs. All the major dealers have comparable tractors that you can check out. YOu'll need to decide the type of tranny (straight old fashioned gear like my 5525, shuttle shift, hydrostatic, etc). I have a little 6-ft hayfield that I mow with a 7-ft sicklebar mower, rake with a 10-ft wide 5-bar side delivery rake, and bale with a Massey Ferguson 124 baler (two-twine, small squares 14x18x45-60 inch long bales).

Good luck.

/ Tractor for cutting hay and brush. #10  
Make that a 6-acre hayfield:)