Ford New Holland 3930

/ Ford New Holland 3930 #1  

Youngman

Tractor
1951 Ferguson To-20 1998 Massey Ferguson 283 w/ loader
Hey I was wondering if I could get some advice on buying a tractor.

I have been looking at a Ford New Holland 3930 with MFWD ROPS and canopy. It is supposed to be a 1998 model and it has around 2000 hours on it. I haven't went to look at it yet but I was searching for advice on whether it will handle what I need it to do on my farm. I was wanting to pair this up with a vermeer rebel round baler and I was wondering if anyone thinks it can handle it. The pto horsepower seems to adequate at about 52 hp if it is one of the turbo charged diesel engines, but I am worried if it will be heavy enough to handle a vermeer rebel round baler. The tractor should weigh in at around 5500 without a front end loader(which I will intend to add later) and the baler I am looking at weighs about 4700 empty. I was wanting some opinions because my hay fields are not flat, they are rolling hills and in fact steep in some places....

Bottom line, I guess is do I need to look out for a larger tractor to handle the baler.

Thanks again

/ Ford New Holland 3930 #2  
since your fields are rolling id look at something along the lines of a 6610 ford.that will give you 72hp an 60 pto hp there abouts.

/ Ford New Holland 3930
I guess the extra horsepower and weight helps with pulling up hill and taking a load downhill. I also seen in my area a ford 5000 row crop but its two wheel drive. See i am planning for all my needs and what i was wanting was a tractor to first till, cultivate, plant a small market garden and other things relating to that. But that aspect only takes up one acre to maybe 2 or 3 in the future. There are about 12-15 acres of hay fields/pasture that i can either a) bush hog a couple of times a year and get nothing. b) run cattle on it which i'm opposed to c) hay it or d) lease it, which from where im from means someone usually would expect to pay nil to use your land because you are not using it.

Im just looking at my options thus far and i won't get far with my to-20. Great little tractor, just not enough of what i need.