Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    Many in the past. Today, a Kubota M59, JD530, 2 Yanmars - 16 & 33 hp, & a JD310SG

Default Re: Buying a Ford 1620 and selling my Ford 1220

Quote Originally Posted by James 511 View Post
    I am now trying to figure out if I should keep the 716B front mount snow blower as it looks like a job to get the loader off and the blower on. Also, It has a cab with a heater neither of which I am sure I like yest even though I am in Western NY - any thoughts?
    Yes. Implements don't bring much money when you sell them, but are expensive to replace and can be time-consuming to set up. I'd be reluctant to part with any of them too quickly.
    I think what you really need is to find another 1620, but this one without implements. Name them "Summer and Winter". Sounds crazy, but if you like that model tractor then why not? Older Fords aren't all that expensive anymore ; all the depreciation has been taken but a lot of useful life remains. Very good tractors and a proud name. I'm not so sure that old tractors in good shape aren't just as good as having cash......maybe better.
    rScotty
    Pride of place goes to our 2 cylinder John Deer 530. With her loader, PS, clutched PTO, and remote hydraulics she's as modern & useful today as 50 years ago. And has a more comfortable seat, too.
    A Kubota M59 & a JD310SG for TLB work....giving us options on doing heavy jobs.
    We'll not forget Mr. Big & Mrs. Little - 33 & 16 hp Yanmars - now gone.
    And a line-up of well-used implements that still work better than they look.

Tractor
    Ford 1220

Default Re: Buying a Ford 1620 and selling my Ford 1220

Quote Originally Posted by rScotty View Post
    Yes. Implements don't bring much money when you sell them, but are expensive to replace and can be time-consuming to set up. I'd be reluctant to part with any of them too quickly.
    I think what you really need is to find another 1620, but this one without implements. Name them "Summer and Winter". Sounds crazy, but if you like that model tractor then why not? Older Fords aren't all that expensive anymore ; all the depreciation has been taken but a lot of useful life remains. Very good tractors and a proud name. I'm not so sure that old tractors in good shape aren't just as good as having cash......maybe better.
    rScotty
    rScotty,
    thanks for your input. I have already sold off a brush hog and a Trac Vac 354 together brought in $2k offsetting the cost of the tractor so I am not so strapped for cash. I will keep both snow blowers over this winter & see what happens. I'd love to have 2 tractors and like most compacts from 1990 on but realistically, it ain't happening - maybe in my next life. The Ford 1220 I sold to buy this one was incredible in terms of what I could do with - made me a fan. Regarding tractors or cash - yeah when the creditors come calling for the 16 trillion we owe, us tractor guys are going to be happy we spent money on such fine hardware.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12