Price Check Buying a Ford 1620 and selling my Ford 1220

/ Buying a Ford 1620 and selling my Ford 1220 #1  

James 511

Tractor
Ford 1220
I have not posted since 10 years ago when I was thinfing about a Chinese tractor. I will make up for it with this post

12 years ago I bought a used '91 Ford 1220 from an estate. It was smaller then what I wanted to replace my MF 135 but with 300 hours, it was pristine and the price was right. It has been a great tractor allowing me to do more then I could have imagined.
I recently stumbled on to a "94 Ford 1620 essentially the same as the 1220 only several sizes bigger (15 hp vs 27) or exactly what I was looking for 12 years ago when I bought the 1220.

I need help determining what the 1620 is worth and what I can reasonable expect to get for the 1220 in a limited amount of time. Did I say I need help!? So here goes:

1220-1991 - HST - 1467 hours - 7106 loader - 914 60" belly mower - 4' King Kutter rotory cutter (brush hog) - 1 bottom plow - 4' terrace / scrapper blade - 5' Schulte YSS series snow blower (rear)

1620 - 1994 - HST - 1134 hours - 7108 loader - Cab with heater - 6' roller - 914 60" belly mower - 5' 952B rotary cutter - Trac Vac 854-856 grass catcher - New holland 716B front mounted snow blower

I would appreciate any input as I try to figure this out.

/ Buying a Ford 1620 and selling my Ford 1220
thanks Im on it

I "pulled the trigger" on the 1620 & sold the 1220. I am now trying to figure out if I should keep the 716B front mount snow blower as it looks like a job to get the loader off and the blower on. Also, It has a cab with a heater neither of which I am sure I like yest even though I am in Western NY - any thoughts?

/ Buying a Ford 1620 and selling my Ford 1220 #5  
I "pulled the trigger" on the 1620 & sold the 1220. I am now trying to figure out if I should keep the 716B front mount snow blower as it looks like a job to get the loader off and the blower on. Also, It has a cab with a heater neither of which I am sure I like yest even though I am in Western NY - any thoughts?

Once I began using a heated cab for snow removal, I'll never look back. Even though I no longer own the Kubota B3030 with cab, the Bobcat skid steer that replaced it has cab enclosure with heat & A/C.
It sure is nice not to have to bundle up and to not be covered in snow when the driveway is done. Give it a shot, you might get used to it! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks for that. Something tells me I should hang on to it and try it at least for this season, I can always sell it later.
Once I began using a heated cab for snow removal, I'll never look back. Even though I no longer own the Kubota B3030 with cab, the Bobcat skid steer that replaced is has cab enclosure with heat & A/C.
It sure is nice not to have to bundle up and to not be covered in snow when the driveway is done. Give it a shot, you might get used to it! :thumbsup:

/ Buying a Ford 1620 and selling my Ford 1220 #7  
I have this combination(loader & snow blower). It takes a couple of hours to change from one to the other. I have to take the front support for the loader off to use the snow blower. I also change a spool in my joy stick so that the hydraulic motor on the shoot will rotate both directions. I also put chains on for the needed traction when blowing snow.

I have this combination(loader & snow blower). It takes a couple of hours to change from one to the other. I have to take the front support for the loader off to use the snow blower. I also change a spool in my joy stick so that the hydraulic motor on the shoot will rotate both directions. I also put chains on for the needed traction when blowing snow.

HTWT,
Thanks for that. What tractor are you attaching it to? I do not understand the spool thing but I do have the manual to help figure it out. I'm thinking I should keep it over this winter and try it. If I don't llike it, it won't be worth that much less. I'll keep the 3-point for another season as well - thanks

/ Buying a Ford 1620 and selling my Ford 1220 #9  
When I put the snow blower on my tractor, the front support for the FEL is in the way for the front support of the front mount SB. The joy stick (hydraulic control valve) have two spools in them. The side that controles the hydraulic motor needs to be changed from a open to closed spool. If the original spool is not changed the hydraulic motor will only rotate in one direction. The spool in inside the hydraulic valve.

When I put the snow blower on my tractor, the front support for the FEL is in the way for the front support of the front mount SB. The joy stick (hydraulic control valve) have two spools in them. The side that controles the hydraulic motor needs to be changed from a open to closed spool. If the original spool is not changed the hydraulic motor will only rotate in one direction. The spool in inside the hydraulic valve.

Thanks, That is really interesting and would have stumped me for sure during the procedure. I breezed through the manual and do not recall anything about the spool switch but I could have missed it.