Tractor News 2002 John Deere 4600 Stolen in Danville, NH

/ 2002 John Deere 4600 Stolen in Danville, NH #11  
I'm in NH also, and will keep my eyes open. It wouldn't hurt if you have any pictures of the actual tractor to post.
I'll have to agree.

I'm not sure if I'm looking for Ag, R4, or Turf tires. FEL or not. basically just know it's green with a hole in the hood.

/ 2002 John Deere 4600 Stolen in Danville, NH #12  
Hey All -

The PIN is LU4600H460125.

That's a serial number, by the way...PINs are something else.
Anyway, since you do have the serial number, contact your local Deere dealer. They can get the number to other dealers. As others have suggested, pictures would be good to if the tractor has any distingushing marks or dents (anything to distingush it from another 4600).
The odds are the thieves will sell it on Craigslist (due to the anonymity) or try to sell it to a dealer. Deere dealers would give the best price.

I do assume you have reported this to your local law enforcement and insurance agent?

/ 2002 John Deere 4600 Stolen in Danville, NH #13  
sorry to say, the tractor is probably in Canada (did you check with border patrol?) or in the back woods in Maine somewhere. Didn't someone else from NH have a baler stolen a few weeks ago? Maybe a ring!

/ 2002 John Deere 4600 Stolen in Danville, NH #14  
I'll keep my eyes & ears open also - maybe contact local dealers also (slim chance but maybe).

/ 2002 John Deere 4600 Stolen in Danville, NH #15  
Anyone using a lojack or similar (if there are any) system, I have a polebarn on three acres, and a couple of years ago theives stole my ford versalift bucket truck, ski-boat w/trailer, several lawn tractors, and pretty much everything else. I plan on moving back to the property and need a new(used) small tractor (hense being on this board), but I am so skitish, I'm thinking about looking at something like that (don't know the prices yet), or at least an exploding seat (just kidding, I'd probley forget and sit on it myself, although You'd really like to do that after a theft happens)
Bob

/ 2002 John Deere 4600 Stolen in Danville, NH #16  
Bikerbob, thieves can steal anything if they put their mind to it, best to have insurance or take your chances.

/ 2002 John Deere 4600 Stolen in Danville, NH #17  
jverrill -

Sorry to hear of your loss. I know, from having some tools stolen a few years ago, that you feel violated. I hope the tractor is found and the thieves brought to justice.

Every now and then, there are stories of some pretty brazen thefts of construction equipment. Some of those guys get caught, but not enough of them.

Good luck!

/ 2002 John Deere 4600 Stolen in Danville, NH #18  
Bikerbob, thieves can steal anything if they put their mind to it, best to have insurance or take your chances.

Has any one that did have insurance get a decent settlement of a stolen tractor or farm equipment. ?
Son in law had a Finn T-90 Hydroseeder and Dodge 1 ton truck loaded with tools. Stolen and when no one able to locate the insurance co. started figuring the Full replacment cost stated in the insurance premium for years. Age hours and condition was deducted then tools not covered and the end result was so low it was not accepted. so now year and half later it still is being discussed by lawyers until bal. will be zero then dropped.
A 50- thousand piece of equipment can disappear with out a trace with in minutes.
Now if this was a banks piece of equipment there would be all law departments crawling around looking.
but a companys business and also loss of work to 4 employees . Ho Hum there is more important things to do. any one see the golf clubs.
ken