Looking for some opinions/advice - Kubota/Yanmar/Mahindra

/ Looking for some opinions/advice - Kubota/Yanmar/Mahindra
Thanks for the input guys. I'm my own worst enemy....I read a bunch of other posts about the B3200, B3300 and B3030 having vibration issues so that's on my mind now. But, it looks like the B2630 might fit the bill too. It's a 3 cylinder and from what I could find everyone says it runs really smooth. It's a 30 series so it would have a better TPH setup than the 3200 and has position control rather than the quarter inching valve. I guess my next step is to get my butt in some seats and start kicking some tires.

I'm not going to buy until the spring as I'm saving up to pay for it from the get go rather than finance it. I only plan on buying one tractor and want to make sure I get what I want the first time. I don't plan on mowing with it, it's going to be more for the backhoe, FEL and gardening, that's why I'm leaning towards the next size larger machine over the 2XXX series.

/ Looking for some opinions/advice - Kubota/Yanmar/Mahindra #12  
What all are you planning on doing with your tractor? I don't think anyone has asked.

/ Looking for some opinions/advice - Kubota/Yanmar/Mahindra #13  
What all do you need a backhoe for?

You may want to also look at the Kubota TLB's.

/ Looking for some opinions/advice - Kubota/Yanmar/Mahindra #14  
Thanks for the input guys. I'm my own worst enemy....I read a bunch of other posts about the B3200, B3300 and B3030 having vibration issues so that's on my mind now. But, it looks like the B2630 might fit the bill too. It's a 3 cylinder and from what I could find everyone says it runs really smooth. It's a 30 series so it would have a better TPH setup than the 3200 and has position control rather than the quarter inching valve. I guess my next step is to get my butt in some seats and start kicking some tires.

I'm not going to buy until the spring as I'm saving up to pay for it from the get go rather than finance it. I only plan on buying one tractor and want to make sure I get what I want the first time. I don't plan on mowing with it, it's going to be more for the backhoe, FEL and gardening, that's why I'm leaning towards the next size larger machine over the 2XXX series.

I am pretty sure the B2360 is being discontinued; may be some left on the lots like when they discontinued the B7800 though.

/ Looking for some opinions/advice - Kubota/Yanmar/Mahindra
We've got 5 acres where we are right now...we're always doing something, building something, moving dirt, digging holes and stuff like that. I'm getting too old to do it all by hand so I'm looking for a tractor that will handle hobby farm/homeowner dirt work, handle a brush hog and a rototiller. In a couple more years when I retire we're looking at moving to Maine where we'll start all over again and I want a machine big enough that I can handle some landscaping, garden prep and things along those lines. Eventually I may add a snowblower, woodsplitter and rear grading blade. I just don't want to make a mistake and buy a machine that's too small and have to trade up and lose some of my investment in the process. I'd rather pay once and cry once rather than have to do it a couple times. I'd rather pay a little more for a larger quality tractor that will outlast me than buy a couple less expensive or smaller ones trying to find what I need. Everything I read on this forum recommends to buy bigger than you think you will need so that's what I'm looking at. I don't need a big L or M series as I'm not running a big farm, but I figured the upper end of the B series will give me the cost effectiveness and size that I'm looking for.

/ Looking for some opinions/advice - Kubota/Yanmar/Mahindra #16  
We've got 5 acres where we are right now...we're always doing something, building something, moving dirt, digging holes and stuff like that. I'm getting too old to do it all by hand so I'm looking for a tractor that will handle hobby farm/homeowner dirt work, handle a brush hog and a rototiller. In a couple more years when I retire we're looking at moving to Maine where we'll start all over again and I want a machine big enough that I can handle some landscaping, garden prep and things along those lines. Eventually I may add a snowblower, woodsplitter and rear grading blade. I just don't want to make a mistake and buy a machine that's too small and have to trade up and lose some of my investment in the process. I'd rather pay once and cry once rather than have to do it a couple times. I'd rather pay a little more for a larger quality tractor that will outlast me than buy a couple less expensive or smaller ones trying to find what I need. Everything I read on this forum recommends to buy bigger than you think you will need so that's what I'm looking at. I don't need a big L or M series as I'm not running a big farm, but I figured the upper end of the B series will give me the cost effectiveness and size that I'm looking for.

I was just wondering how much you needed a back hoe, it sound like you have a fair amount of use for one. I think you were on the right track with the B3200. You need to test drive one and see how bad the vibration is for yourself. I drove one and I don't remember a vibration. If you are going to pay cash you may want to consider a used tractor.

/ Looking for some opinions/advice - Kubota/Yanmar/Mahindra #17  
You'll do fine with the 2630, your only doing basic homeowner stuff. If I would have had much more than my 2 acres..........I would have upsized.

/ Looking for some opinions/advice - Kubota/Yanmar/Mahindra #18  
In reguards to the Mahindra product, if you check the physical dimentions and weight of the tractors, you may find the Yanmar and Kubota you are looking at are arround the Mahindra MAX28XL size with a little bit bigger tires. Tire size will always make a smaller tractor look larger than it is.

/ Looking for some opinions/advice - Kubota/Yanmar/Mahindra #19  
My neighbor just bought a 3200 Kubota. In the next few days we'll be using a little bit. I'll ask him if there are any vibration issues. It's a nice looking unit. Looks like of you went with the next series up it'd be too much tractor to haul with a 1/2 pickup. Especially with BH and FEL on.

/ Looking for some opinions/advice - Kubota/Yanmar/Mahindra #20  

Reread the whole thread. IMO, you're in the right size range with the B3200. Or equivalent other brands. As i said above, if you want to move it, you can do it with a 1/2 ton pick up, and even just rent a 20ft 2 axle trailer. My 75hp NH (appx same weight size as a M or L series?), was a great deal when I got it. But I needed a 3/4 ton with a big trailer to move it.

I like my tractor cab about half the time. In the mid july heat, bush hoggn, nice to have A/C. But that's it. I was pricing out tractors with winter cabs(curtis) for snow-blowing. With a cab there's the loss of visibility when FEL work, etc. Makes it hard to put into the woods to twitching of trees.

Just curious if you don't mind me asking, what state you live in now? And we'll welcome another tax payer to the state of Maine anytime.:)