Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Default Re: Looking for some opinions/advice - Kubota/Yanmar/Mahindra

Quote Originally Posted by 94BULLITT View Post
    Click on those two links and compare the dimensions and weight.
    Bud, I'm gonna tell ya somethin you can take to the bank...........

Myself and a lot of others were routing for Mahindra .........until they decided to take thier 'cut'size tractors..........put smaller tires on them..........and try to market then as 'subcuts'.............directly comparing then to kubota, Massey and JD subcuts.

A total mismarketing campaign designed to trick perspective buyers, that have no clue what they are looking at.

But real tractor people know what's goin on.

I refuse to get into this discussion again, but I will say.................I will not frequent the Mahindra forums, but if their dealers to stray anywhgere else on this forum............................................. I will make it known about the intentional , deceptive practices of Mahindra as seen from an owners standpoint.

If you want to argue more about this point......................I suggest you do some very seriouse studying ....................Not only on Kubota, Deerre, Massey...............but maybe ya should look at Mahindra's other tractors...............most notably the 1816 which the Max 22 replaced: TractorData.com Mahindra 1816 tractor engine information

This was marketed as a CUT....................not a SUBCUT................and one of the lowest rated CUT's ever built. Mahindra lowered the tire size and upsized the engine a tad, and labeled it a SUBCUT. AND.................if you put the MAX 22 or 25................in the actual CUT category , where they should be.............you will find that even today, they are still outranked by every other CUT on the market................bar none.

And if you put those two................againsnt other SUBCUTS...................you will see that they are more powerful.................but that is only because of the "tire size" as posted by 'Lawall's tractor'
    IMHO..................Deceptive advertising at it's best.......................Downright false advertisement at it's worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

This was all discussed in depth months ago............and you apparently missed it.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Eat more BRAN.

Drink LESS coffee...or at least switch to DECAF...soon.

Just a thought.

Last edited by madmax12; 10-07-2012 at 07:01 PM.
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke*

“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    Bud, I'm gonna tell ya somethin you can take to the bank...........

Myself and a lot of others were routing for Mahindra .........until they decided to take thier 'cut'size tractors..........put smaller tires on them..........and try to market then as 'subcuts'.............directly comparing then to kubota, Massey and JD subcuts.

A total mismarketing campaign designed to trick perspective buyers, that have no clue what they are looking at.

But real tractor people know what's goin on.

I refuse to get into this discussion again, but I will say.................I will not frequent the Mahindra forums, but if their dealers to stray anywhgere else on this forum............................................. I will make it known about the intentional , deceptive practices of Mahindra as seen from an owners standpoint.

If you want to argue more about this point......................I suggest you do some very seriouse studying ....................Not only on Kubota, Deerre, Massey...............but maybe ya should look at Mahindra's other tractors...............most notably the 1816 which the Max 22 replaced: TractorData.com Mahindra 1816 tractor engine information

This was marketed as a CUT....................not a SUBCUT................and one of the lowest rated CUT's ever built. Mahindra lowered the tire size and upsized the engine a tad, and labeled it a SUBCUT. AND.................if you put the MAX 22 or 25................in the actual CUT category , where they should be.............you will find that even today, they are still outranked by every other CUT on the market................bar none.

And if you put those two................againsnt other SUBCUTS...................you will see that they are more powerful.................but that is only because of the "tire size" as posted by 'Lawall's tractor'
    IMHO..................Deceptive advertising at it's best.......................Downright false advertisement at it's worst!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

This was all discussed in depth months ago............and you apparently missed it.
    I don't think you ever clicked on the link or read what I said. I know and madmax12 has said that the Max 22/25 is comparable to a Kubota B2330 2620 2920 John Deere 2320 2520. The Max 28 is comparable to a Kubota B3200 and probably a John Deere 2720. I know Mahindra is deceiving in their advertisement.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Kubota B3200

Thanks for the replies, I didn't mean to start a sh*tstorm.

I did however stop by my local kubota dealer today and kicked some tires on the lot. (They're closed on Sunday so no salesman to chase me around the lot.)

They had a B3200 parked next to a couple B2620's. I took the time to climb over, under and around both series, sit in the seats and see how things feel...it's all over....I want a B3200. It might be a little bigger than what I need...right now...but all of you on TBN keep saying buy bigger than you think you need, so I'm just obeying the rules.

I like the Yanmar, but the Kubota has more room for my legs, the operator's area isn't as cramped as the Yanmar.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra Max28XL HST

Quote Originally Posted by Teikas Dad
    Thanks for the replies, I didn't mean to start a sh*tstorm.

I did however stop by my local kubota dealer today and kicked some tires on the lot. (They're closed on Sunday so no salesman to chase me around the lot.)

They had a B3200 parked next to a couple B2620's. I took the time to climb over, under and around both series, sit in the seats and see how things feel...it's all over....I want a B3200. It might be a little bigger than what I need...right now...but all of you on TBN keep saying buy bigger than you think you need, so I'm just obeying the rules.

I like the Yanmar, but the Kubota has more room for my legs, the operator's area isn't as cramped as the Yanmar.
    If it is anything like my Max28XL HST, then you will love it!!!

Enjoy!
    "The only thing necessary for the triumph [of evil] is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke*

“If you continue in My word, then you are truly disciples of Mine;and you will know the truth, and the truth will make you free.” Ancient of Days

My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37aM75LaEDk&list=PLGLwt3_lSbxxRtjMLHJDpqEK 9vcq9IfsJ

t

Tractor

Get whatever tractor feels the most comfortable to you and one that will do what you need.
    Roger

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Get whatever tractor feels the most comfortable to you and one that will do what you need.
    Agreed, as to the quarter inching valve, you can put limit chains on your cutter to eliminate drop as some members have done and here is a good thread on proper adjustment for best results; sadly Chuck has passed on; enjoy your new tractor.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...r-inching.html
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 2516

This is great advice. After several test drives I ended up with a tractor I was not even considering.

Tractor
    Kubota B3200

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Agreed, as to the quarter inching valve, you can put limit chains on your cutter to eliminate drop as some members have done and here is a good thread on proper adjustment for best results; sadly Chuck has passed on; enjoy your new tractor.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/k...r-inching.html

Thanks for the link TripleR. I actually found that a couple days ago when I was searching for something else. Excellent write up on properly adjusting the quarter inching valve. I already bookmarked it for future reference.

Tractor

Have you looked at the 2000 series deere yet?
    Roger

My Threads

My YouTube Channel

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast