Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake"

/ Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake" #12  
Hi I was loing at these two attachments and trying to weigh out which is better for my needs,I was wondering if anyone had had use of one and would like to comment.My use is basically, instead of buying a chipper, I could have one of these for less money and maint. I have a spot to put the brush to rot naturally, so it seems like a good fit.
I like the bucket as it has more of a bed to it.(considering other uses). But the rake opens wider in the Jaws.
I think it would come in real handy to hold logs as I cut them to rounds.In which case I might not neet a wide one. I have a 60 inch bucket now, but these also come in 48 inch. So im also considering the 48 inch one for the use id give it.
Any thoughts or comments are surely welcome thanks.

the bucket.
60" LW Root Grapple Bucket $1095.00 | Grapple Bucket Attachments | 60" LW Grapple Bucket | palletforks.com

the rake
60" Root Grapple Rake $1375.00 | Grapple Bucket Attachments | 60" Grapple Rake | palletforks.com

What size tractor will the grapple be installed on ?

/ Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake"
What size tractor will the grapple be installed on ?

28 horse power four wheel drive. hydraulic system with a 7.1 gallon capacity and a 7.8 gpm valve flow.
It presently has a 60 inch bucket on front.I'Il probably get a 60 inch whatever I decide on but the 48 inch looks inviting, If Im more looking to just grab stuff. like logs.
Im still back ad forth about the bucket type or rake type.I can see benefits of both.The 'rake' one has a larger opening of the grapple so that is good for brush.Id think.
I have 1/4 inch hose to the front and would have to reduce down the hydraulics. i assume this might just make it slower to open and close.
??It seems like it comes with 1/2 inch lines. Even all the 'regular' lines on my tractor are 3/8....

/ Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake" #15  
   / Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake" #16  
I added 1 of these Thumb grapple 24" to my 60'' bucket. less weight on the front my 35 hp tractor

/ Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake" #17  
I used a bolt on grapple because I didn't want to give up the use of the bucket but still wanted to be able to lift fallen trees and large rocks. I consider the grapple to be one of the most useful additions made to the tractor.

Attachments

• tree1.jpg
    tree1.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 244
   / Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake" #18  
According to tractor data you can lift 1300 lbs - the 512 lbs your grapple weighs. Too heavy imop

What data are you looking at ,Murphy? I got that info from the owners manual. I've been moving everything from telephone poles to as much brush as the grapple will hold and everything in between and have has no problems lifting anything. It struggled a little on a big stump with roots and dirt but only because I couldn't get a good grip on it. I had to carry it really low. Aside of that, this is a 72", the OP is looking at a smaller grapple and you'll be hard pressed to find one much lighter than 512 lbs.

From the Kubota website "FRONT LOADER PACKAGE (1,865 LIFT CAPACITY AT PIVOT PIN)"

/ Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake" #19  
What data are you looking at ,Murphy? I got that info from the owners manual. I've been moving everything from telephone poles to as much brush as the grapple will hold and everything in between and have has no problems lifting anything. It struggled a little on a big stump with roots and dirt but only because I couldn't get a good grip on it. I had to carry it really low. Aside of that, this is a 72", the OP is looking at a smaller grapple and you'll be hard pressed to find one much lighter than 512 lbs.

From the Kubota website "FRONT LOADER PACKAGE (1,865 LIFT CAPACITY AT PIVOT PIN)"

From tractordata.com Lift to full height (at 500mm): 1,360 lbs [616 kg What loader do you have?

/ Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake"
Just wondering , when the rate lifting capoacity is that with any bucket all? Mine weights aroud 450. and I figure it wouldnt be any difference with the grapple.The bucket would be off when I use the grapple.
I also like the thumb idea.its refreshed my mind now.
I might consider that.thanks for jogging my mind lol