Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake"

/ Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake" #21  
I went with the "Green's Machine Thumb" works very well and doesn't add a lot of weight.That and a tooth-bar.

Attachments

• with grapple.jpg
    with grapple.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 330
   / Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake"
I went with the "Green's Machine Thumb" works very well and doesn't add a lot of weight.That and a tooth-bar.

And I have a tooth bar so that might give it a bit more opening..
I wonder if used for brush then any ''overbite'' wouldnt be a bad thing.
?

/ Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake" #23  
I set mine up so its fully closed on the bottom edge of the bucket;works very well for brush,rocks ect.I don't think you need a severe over-bite;/

/ Grapple 'Bucket vs. Grapple 'Rake" #24  
I have an "add on" grapple on my current bucket, it didn't have ANY "over-bite" at first, and the first time I closed it on an empty bucket, it went inside the bucket and bent the $100 hydraulic cylinder so it wouldn't work anymore. I have ordered a "root grapple" for mine as of right now. It will be heavier than my current bucket, but I will be able to see what I'm picking up, and in theory, at least, will be able to grab roots of brush in the sandy soil on my larger property. I've got a "thumb" on my backhoe also, and noted how much better I can do with that in "picking stuff up" because with the bucket "away" I can see clearly what I'm picking up. However, with my setup, I can't just turn in the seat, I have to move to another seat to move the tractor, (as well as picking up the stabilizers), so I hope the new setup will combine both being able to pick up loose material better, and to move it where I want it faster.