BX22 vs ????

/ BX22 vs ???? #1  

zuiko

Platinum Member
Tractor
JD 990 4WD
I am buying a property with 10 acres and am going to need some kind of compact tractor. I want a FEL, mower and brush cutter at a minimum. I would like a backhoe. I'm thinking about the BX22 since it comes with both a FEL, 60" MMM and a BH for a street price of around $16000.

Is there anything else that would come out to about that with that equipment that I should look at?

/ BX22 vs ???? #2  
Check out the massey furguson 2310. should be out some time this summer. I was looking at the bx22 but couldn't get one. I instead went to a kioti LB1914 which is a bigger machine for not that much more money. I ended up paying 400 more for this than was quoted for the bx 22.
check out their sites kioti tractor or massey furguson

/ BX22 vs ????
Thanks for the tip, it looks like I will have to check out the MF 2310 TLB (if/when it is out).

/ BX22 vs ???? #4  
I can't find any good, reasonable alternative to the Kubota. There is a great dealer network, their engines are used in more compact construction equipment than you can shake a stick at, and they are priced right. Future resale is also better than the rest, with the only equal being John Deere. Americans love to pay for the green paint!!!.

The answer to your question is no, there is no equal to the BX22, PERIOD.

/ BX22 vs ???? #5  
I hate to sound partial to the BX22. I really wanted to check out the MF 2310 and the Kioti CK20. I don't think either one has materialized in the TLB form. The BX22 with it's quick detach backhoe and Hydrostatic drive is a dream to operate. I put 25 hours in the first two weeks after it was delivered and I enjoyed the heck out of it. Also got a lot of projects completed that I would not attempt by hand. I understand the BX22 is in short supply, there is a reason. It is a great little tractor for the money.

Attachments

• 285671-BX Backhoe.jpg
    285671-BX Backhoe.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 86
   / BX22 vs ???? #6  
With 10 acres you may want to think about a little larger machine. I have a little over 10 and just traded in my BX22 for a Kioti 3054. Now I don't have a backhoe but the extra power and weight sure comes in handy. I figure I'll rent a BH for the once or twice a year I want to dig something big /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif The limiting factor on the BX is the ground clearance.

/ BX22 vs ???? #7  
In Ohio, I saw a JD 790 4wd 30HP at 10,886 and and a 419 loader for 2,176. Don't know what a MMM or Rotary cutter would go for... but thought that wasn't too bad a deal for the money.

LuvMy670