Comparison Massey GC2610 vs. GC2410

/ Massey GC2610 vs. GC2410 #1  

rjc

Tractor
Massey GC2410
I've pretty much narrowed my search to the Massey GC2610 or GC2410. The two seem to be extremely close... a bit more power in the 2610. The price difference I've arrived at is about $1,100. Anybody have an experience here or an oppinion?

/ Massey GC2610 vs. GC2410 #2  
Look at the engine specs. Same displacement, just rated at a different rpm. Less than one pto horsepower difference between them. Is it worth the extra money? Not to me.

/ Massey GC2610 vs. GC2410
Thanks for the feedback. It seems the power difference is pretty minimal. Now that the dealers are battling for my business, the price difference is down to $800. I guess that I have to just decide what I'd be willing to pay... which probably isn't very much.

/ Massey GC2610 vs. GC2410 #4  
I think I wasted my money on the 2610 as I very rarely use the full RPM listed for the hydraulics. As an example, I use the hoe at 2000 RPM and the loader too. Once in awhile I rev it up when I need more power to move the tractor while using the loader to dig. Better too much than too little????

/ Massey GC2610 vs. GC2410 #5  
The extra horsepower on the 2610 isn't really necessary as 'not2old' stated. The 2410 will do everything you need............with less fuel usage.

/ Massey GC2610 vs. GC2410 #6  
I have a GC2410, I love it and faced the same decision in April which you have now. Ultimately I decided that the 2410 was a better choice. It has more than enough power. On the 2610 you need to run at a higher RPM to get full PTO speed. Lower revolutions means longer engine life. 2410 has plenty of power. Save some money or get an extra attachment and buy the 2410 if you can get a great price or look at the 1705 (easier right side entrance and exit). However the 1705 seems to be missing a few things that are standard on the 2410 and 1720. I wish I packaged a box blade in when I bought it to get the 0% financing. If you get the backhoe I highly recommend getting a bucket mounted 2" hitch receiver, it makes moving trailers around really easy and I never have to remove the backhoe. Also get the welded on mechanical thumb (Love it!!) and chain hooks installed right away. I have a hook on the back of the hoe one on each corner of the FEL and one on the back of the FEL. I can wrap a chain from back of FEL around long objects that don't fit in the bucket and attach to each corner hook. Back of bucket hook faces up and corner bucket hooks face rearward.

Thanks for the feedback. I made the plunge and just took delivery of my new GC 2410 TLB last Friday! I ended up saving more than I expected. I plan to add a thumb... probably a Bro-Tek. I planned to add hooks to the corners of the FEL as you have done, but your others sound excellent... and your hitch too. Do you have pictures? Would love to see more clearly how / where you applied the hitch and hooks. Thanks.

The extra horsepower on the 2610 isn't really necessary as 'not2old' stated. The 2410 will do everything you need............with less fuel usage.

Don,

I'm shopping for a tiller for my 2410. How do you like your Bush Hog tiller? Is it wide enough to cover your tire tracks?