Comparison differance between compact and utility tractor

/ differance between compact and utility tractor #1  

sal64

Platinum Member
Tractor
jd 2320 jd 990 jd950
hello all ,what are the differances in a utility tractor verses a compact tractor pros and cons comparing a jd 5055e to a jd 4320 what can one do better than the other? tuvm.

/ differance between compact and utility tractor #2  
size , weight and horsepower. :confused2:

no cons other than the fact that some people buy one size to small some times. Did this happen to you?

/ differance between compact and utility tractor
tu for the responce. i realize that but what can one do better than the other at the same hp.

/ differance between compact and utility tractor #4  
The utility tractor will have a wider stance and be more stable. Also the extra weight with the same HP will give it more traction.

/ differance between compact and utility tractor #5  
hello all ,what are the differances in a utility tractor verses a compact tractor pros and cons comparing a jd 5055e to a jd 4320 what can one do better than the other? tuvm.

Lots of variables.
If you were to compare a compact tractor and a utility tractor of the same hp you would find the compact will out manuever the utility tractor. You would also find the utility tractor could pull harder. If you take the lighter tractor and the heavier tractor and start climbing a grade the lighter tractor will climb the grade faster.

If you need to work up close to buildings then an ehydro is much easier to use, if you wan't to plow a field in the open the gear tractor is more efficient and will get more of the power to the ground.

Just depends on what you need to do the most.

/ differance between compact and utility tractor #6  
1 other thing is the price.for what a fancy compact costs you can get a good size farm tractor.

/ differance between compact and utility tractor
tuvm all that answers my question.always wonder what the diff was.

/ differance between compact and utility tractor #8  
Those answers, although accurate, were too easy. The real answers to your questions must be researched as there are many nuances. If you buy one or the other based on the four short replies in this post, you'll be doing yourself a disservice. You have the power of the Internet right there at your fingertips, use it, Luke...

/ differance between compact and utility tractor #9  
Too complicated and as mentioned nuanced for me to give a detailed answer short enough that anyone would be willing to wade through. I doubt I could do it justice even then without knowing a LOT about the operator, tasks acreage etc.

I don't have the John Deere, but have a Grand L5740 HSTC and M8540 HDC, totally different animals and I am not 100 percent sure which I would choose if I could only have one.

/ differance between compact and utility tractor #10  
3R i think when it came down to it youd choose the 8540.