Need a new Camp Tractor

/ Need a new Camp Tractor #1  

Rowdy Raven

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kubota L3010
Hey Folks,
I work with a camp that needs a new tractor. The camp is comprised of some 3,000 acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains. We have an older Ford 3000 that we use for bush hogging and mowing. We also have a well used Ford backhoe/frontend loader. What we are missing is the middle tractor. This tractor would be used for road work, construction site prep, moving gravel, stumping, logging and 1.000 other chores. We have John Deere, Kubota and MF dealers close by. Thus I would like to stay with one of those brands. I would anticipate a 4wd, diesel tractor with FEL and auxillary hydraulics in the 40 horsepower range. Most likely a hydrostatic tranny as well. So, my question is, which model and brand will get us the most bang for the buck. We have been using used tractors for a long time and we now have an opportunity to buy a new one. What would you all recommend?
Thanks in advance,
Rowdy

/ Need a new Camp Tractor #2  
I think a Kubota L4600, L3940, L4240, or larger l40 series, or a MX5100. The L40 series are a more deluxe tractor with some nice features like Hst plus and telescopic liftm arms.

/ Need a new Camp Tractor #3  
your biggest bang for the buck would be rigging the MX5100 HST 4x4 w/fel like you want it.