OK, now I'm really confused

/ OK, now I'm really confused #11  
   / OK, now I'm really confused #12  
Wouldn't hurt to make a counter offer to the Kubota dealer. You have already done the research on the web site and you could probably lowball at 15 %off to see what they do.

I also agree that calling Barlows is a good idea. I dont' think buying local will get you much quicker service on warranty issues. I tend to think most dealers schedule warranty work around out of pocket repairs.

/ OK, now I'm really confused #13  
I don't know what the market is like up there in CT -- maybe they are not so desperate for business? 12-15% discount was typical when I was shopping around here in VA, in fact, I didn't even have to haggle -- they came right out of the gate with good prices. On the other hand, maybe the impending Tier 4 games have the dealers in a different mood.

/ OK, now I'm really confused #14  
If you think about it your paying 7-10 grand for a two year warranty that imo rarely is needed especially if your only using it a couple hundred hours in that two year period.
I purchased a new kubota in 2011 and i don't think it would have mattered at all if it would have been a year or two old with a 100-200 hrs and babied by someone like me.
The odds of having a problem that would cost you 7-10 grand would be highly unlikely.

/ OK, now I'm really confused #16  
Well I am a big supporter of working with a local dealer. There can be a lot of advantages. That said I have two Kubota's, one a 1988 with 1600 hours and the other a 2005 with 450 hours. Neither have ever gone to the shop and I am not much of a mechanic. Can't say that would be your experience, it sure has been mine though. Based on my experience I might pay some for the local loyalty, not a bunch though. Just my 2 cents.

MarkV

/ OK, now I'm really confused #17  
Suggest you try this outfit. They are known for moving off retail to make sales.

I know it's true from several friends that have bought there....... And all the bad things the other Kubota dealers say about them.
Emerich Sales & Service - Kubota,Yanmar,Cub Cadet,Toro,New and Used Tractors,Parts, Lawn Mower , Ferris, Snapper, Echo, Saratoga, Best Compact Utility Tractor

Very nearly bought from them in 2009 when I was Kubota shopping. But they were only $300 lower than the local guys and I would have spent half that in fuel and 8 or so hours on the road to haul it home.

/ OK, now I'm really confused #18  
Writ out a check to the Dealer for whatever amount you think is fair. Walk into the Dealer, hand him the check and tell them you will take the tractor in enxchange. Can't hurt.

/ OK, now I'm really confused #19  
Here in New Hampshire, when I was shopping new Kubotas , about 8% off of list was about the best I could do. I chaulk it up to the high cost of living / doing business in the northeast.

As others have suggested, try Barlows. There are many, many happy Barlows customers here on TBN. I'm on my second Kubota and have never had to have a dealer do anything to one of my tractors, so warranty isn't as big of a concern as with a car.

As has already been suggested.... a clean, low hour used tractor would also be a great option.

FWIW, I doubt you are going to get 12 - 15% off at your local dealer.

/ OK, now I'm really confused #20  
I don't know where you are located but the price difference I see here in NW GA would potentially save you a heap of $$.

Here is what I got for prices for Kioti tractors in NW GA all with loaders.

DS4110HS $17,200
DS4510 $18,100
DK40 $21,330
CK35 $17,400

Here is a DS3510 this dealer has for $14.900
2012 Kioti DS3510 4WD with Loader