OK, now I'm really confused

/ OK, now I'm really confused #41  
Perhaps you shouldn't shop for a tractor in your tuxedo!

Glad you found what you were looking for. I was going to suggest you contact my Kioti dealer or the good folks at MIE here in Michigan if you were looking for a Kioti. Either of these great dealers would have saved you thousands as well....even after trucking.

/ OK, now I'm really confused #42  
Well I thought Barlows, could probably help you out. I am glad you got an acceptable deal, and congratulations on your new machine,. Post it up when you can, and let us know how you are getting along with it.:thumbsup:

James K0UA

/ OK, now I'm really confused #43  
Nice going! Be sure to share some pictures!

/ OK, now I'm really confused #44  
Yep glad to hear you found it with the price you wanted! Nothing like a new piece of equipment to play on. I haven't made up my mind on a tractor yet but will wait till late winter to decide. Post some pics cause I want to see the new piece.

Kevin.

/ OK, now I'm really confused #45  
Yep glad to hear you found it with the price you wanted! Nothing like a new piece of equipment to play on. I haven't made up my mind on a tractor yet but will wait till late winter to decide. Post some pics cause I want to see the new piece.

Kevin.

/ OK, now I'm really confused #46  
We like pictures. Just think, you now have to find a way to sleep at night until it to shows up.

/ OK, now I'm really confused #47  
Quote:

"BTW, gauges keep track of engine hours at full RPM. So unless you run wide open all the time, don't be surprised if at the end of the day you've put on less hours than you expected. "

Having just gone through a tractor buying process, I was surprised to learn that hour-meter no longer work this way, they are just "key-on" hours (even if the tractor isn't even running!). At least this is true for JD & Kubota. I don't know when the change happened as my old JD 850 and MF135 before that had their hour-meters as part of the tachometer and measured engine hours at some fixed RPM. So some time between 1980 and 2012, it changed.

It's too bad as I always thought the engine hours measurement through the tach was a brilliant measurement of usage. "key-on" - not so much.

/ OK, now I'm really confused
We like pictures. Just think, you now have to find a way to sleep at night until it to shows up.

Sleep?....Sleep? Who's got time to sleep?! I'm either looking out the front window for the delivery truck or I'm out in the barn getting the new baby's room ready. I've already painted it Kubota orange and have filters and lube supplies all lined up ready to go on the changing table in case the baby needs a diaper...oops, I mean a filter change.

When I'm not doing that I'm on my wife's John Deere lawnmower. I duct taped a shovel to a 2X4 at a 45 degree angle and ziptied it to the rear of the lawn tractor sticking up like a backhoe. Then I took a couple pieces of 1 inch pipe and duct taped them to the hood with a cardboard box cut in half on the front like a front end loader. I painted the John Deere orange and I'm driving around the yard making tractor noises! I already had a long talk with the John Deere and explained to him even though there's a new baby coming we will still love him....it's just that the new baby will require a little more attention.

Sleep?....who's got time to sleep? I'll sleep when I'm dead! I've got a new Kubota coming!!!!:cool2:

/ OK, now I'm really confused #49  
It's too bad as I always thought the engine hours measurement through the tach was a brilliant measurement of usage. "key-on" - not so much.

But it does measure the hours of wear put on the engine, oil, etc.

Would you want to come back three days after leaving the key on and see 72 hours added to the clock. :)

/ OK, now I'm really confused #50  
Exactly, it really bugs me that if I just leave the key on, I'm going to get all those hours added on without any engine wear.

Anyone know how to add on an 'actual' engine hours guage?