NotHappyJan

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / NotHappyJan #11  
I found out today that my warrantee had been cancelled due to use of an incorrect oil. The irony is that when I rang up to find out what oil had leaked onto the ground from transfer case number one, the guy on the other end of the phone said, "Oh that'll be transmission fluid". So I asked him where that goes and he replied, "On the outside of the cabin at the back". His answer was incorrect and it only took a couple hours slashing before the tractor ground to a halt with a seized gearbox.
The other irony is that the whole warrantee has been voided even though I only need an alternator which is a problem that is unrelated and happened prior to the seizing of the gearbox. They just look for any excuse to void the warrantee!

/ NotHappyJan #12  
Hey Terry - Ive never had a problem with the oils and where they go etc. I guess I have been around tractors most my life, ive never placed the wrong oils in the wrong place... I imagine it would be a breach of any machinery/motor vehicle warranty. Don't worry too much, I have never had to claim before - if something minor goes wrong like once my hose needed re crimping, just did it myself before I had to call out a hydraulic man. Using the wrong oils would cause some damage which is why it has voided your warranty. Sorry to hear it mate.
I found out today that my warrantee had been cancelled due to use of an incorrect oil. The irony is that when I rang up to find out what oil had leaked onto the ground from transfer case number one, the guy on the other end of the phone said, "Oh that'll be transmission fluid". So I asked him where that goes and he replied, "On the outside of the cabin at the back". His answer was incorrect and it only took a couple hours slashing before the tractor ground to a halt with a seized gearbox.
The other irony is that the whole warrantee has been voided even though I only need an alternator which is a problem that is unrelated and happened prior to the seizing of the gearbox. They just look for any excuse to void the warrantee!

/ NotHappyJan #13  
How old is your tractor? and how much oil was leaking? From the persons answer on the telephone does not appear to be an isolated case

/ NotHappyJan #14  
My tractor did not have 5 hours on it when the oil leaked out of the transfer case number one. That is why I think it is unfair that the warrantee was not honoured.

/ NotHappyJan #15  
Leaks are quite normal with any type of machinery. You gotta remember its not a car. You just gotta be on top of it. But I can see why your warranty is now void, using incorrect oils will void any type of machinery or motor vehicle. Don't stress life is too god **** short.
My tractor did not have 5 hours on it when the oil leaked out of the transfer case number one. That is why I think it is unfair that the warrantee was not honoured.

/ NotHappyJan #16  
Hi all

You really do need to contact Consumer Affairs Victoria, Contact us.

That way they know the extent of any problem. Discussions here just allow users here to understand the extent of a problem and may help in getting fellow Victorians and others to get into contact with each other but it ain't going to get resolved here. The company that sells these tractors advertises nationally in "The Land" newspaper and there may be others in other States that have problems or maybe not. All those with probs need to contact consumer affairs, meet with them, understand your position legally (which they hopefully will help you with) and decide what to do. You may have to "push" as they are a Govt Department :)

Mike

/ NotHappyJan #17  

I tend to agree 5 hours before an oil leak is not good. And the comment about it not being a car is a line straight from a dealer I bought a tractor off and is a load of old rubbish. New is new is new does not matter if it it a tractor, truck, car, motorcycle etc etc etc if a product is 5 hours old it should not develop a major oil leak end of story
I am trying to figure out exactly were you put the oil, by the sound of it you may have topped up the hydraulic oil is that correct??? If you did it certainly did not cause the gearbox to seize, and are you saying the alternator went faulty before the gearbox and they are refusing you warranty on that as well??

/ NotHappyJan #18  
Hey CharlesandMegan

I wish that I had your experience before I bought this 50 hp Agrison.

WHAT DO YOU THINK OF A MANAGER THAT DOES NOT KNOW HIS OWN PRODUCT??

The oil leaked out of the first transfer case in a dramatic fashion while I was bringing in the hay. When I rang him to let him know what had happened, he advised me to top up the hydraulic oil in the reservoir behind the drivers seat and on the outside of the cabin. All of the oil had already leaked out.

That was really, VERY BAD ADVICE!

That left the gearbox TOTALLY DRY and of course the mid and low ratios SEIZED while I was slashing.

I am sure that he did not do this on purpose, he was unaware of the first transfer case being at the bottom of the gearbox.

I can not believe that he got it so horribly wrong and I can not believe that he still works there.

I have recorded all phone conversions into a diary and all unsuccessful calls.

/ NotHappyJan #19  
Hi all

Terry knows what to do correctly:
> I have recorded all phone conversions into a diary and all unsuccessful calls.

Others here should do the same. Get a 2013 diary or a note book. If using a note book make sure you don't remove any pages, it should be a bound spine one. Make sure all pages are dated. Use pen not pencil. This is actually what one does when doing lab research in case something later on needs examining for patent claims.

Mike

/ NotHappyJan #20  
I tend to agree 5 hours before an oil leak is not good. And the comment about it not being a car is a line straight from a dealer I bought a tractor off and is a load of old rubbish. New is new is new does not matter if it it a tractor, truck, car, motorcycle etc etc etc if a product is 5 hours old it should not develop a major oil leak end of story
I am trying to figure out exactly were you put the oil, by the sound of it you may have topped up the hydraulic oil is that correct??? If you did it certainly did not cause the gearbox to seize, and are you saying the alternator went faulty before the gearbox and they are refusing you warranty on that as well??

A nut and washer dropped out on the ground and were easy to locate. Just a matter of following a rather large oil trail back to where the nut fell out.

Yes, I topped up the hydraulic oil and thought that I was safe. This is what he told me to do.

Yes, the alternator was a separate problem and happened before the gears seized.

I had to hassle Agrison to come and pick the tractor up. Unfortunately, I had agreed to pay the freight both ways and Agrison were going to take care of the rest.

The manager kept saying stuff like, "Leave it with me." or "I'll get back to you"

Weeks would go by and still no contact. I kept ringing except for the 3 weeks that I was in hospital.

Finally a truck came to pick the tractor up and take it back to Agrison at Campbellfield. The gears have now been fixed and he rang up to say that the tractor is "Good to go" but he had a problem with a mechanic spending 2 days on repairing it. He said, that he would give a 50 percent discount to the labour. From $1600 down to $800. This is the point where I lost patience and told him to just," Keep the bloody tractor." I now regret saying that.

I thought that I was only up for $700 for transport but it had now blown out to $1500 in an instant.

(email communication removed)

I felt like I was being extorted and bullied so I paid the $1500 very quickly

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.