NotHappyJan

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / NotHappyJan #21  
Thanks Mike
I was in contact with them at the time but in the end I ran out of time. I will get back to them now.

/ NotHappyJan #22  
A nut and washer dropped out on the ground and were easy to locate. Just a matter of following a rather large oil trail back to where the nut fell out.

" but he had a problem with a mechanic spending 2 days on repairing it. He said, that he would give a 50 percent discount to the labour. From $1600 down to $800. This is the point where I lost patience and told him to just," Keep the bloody tractor." I now regret saying that.

I thought that I was only up for $700 for transport but it had now blown out to $1500 in an instant.

I felt like I was being extorted and bullied so I paid the $1500 very quickly

Well to me nut and washer falling out after 5 hours looks as though the tractor was not prepped correctly.

And they wanted to charge you $1600 for 2 days work (thats 16 hours total) that's a charge rate of $200 an hour??? Think you should call around to other dealers and check the going rate the retail price is normally about $100 an hour and an "in house" price of about $45 an hour.

How much was the freight for the initial delivery??? compared with what they charged you this time??

Last edited by a moderator:
   / NotHappyJan #23  
The initial delivery was $500 (one way) and I did not have to pay for that. This time it was $350 to get it there and again $350 to get it back or in other words $700. Hey zonta223 I was being charged at the going rate for labour, but I didn't expect to have to pay for any of that. On the 14th Feb 2013 I entered into an agreement whereby I was only responsible for the freight, that's why I lost it when he rang up and said he had a problem with the mechanic being tied up for two days.

/ NotHappyJan #24  
Hey zonta223 I was being charged at the going rate for labour, but I didn't expect to have to pay for any of that..

Well all I can tell you is that the tractor dealers around here charge $100 an hour. My local mechanic $45 an hour.

/ NotHappyJan #25  
Well all I can tell you is that the tractor dealers around here charge $100 an hour. My local mechanic $45 an hour.

It has been so long since I needed a mechanic that I was out of touch with real prices. $45 sounds a lot more reasonable to me, I was shocked at the $800 charge and $1600 for 2 days was just so outrageous!

/ NotHappyJan #26  
It has been so long since I needed a mechanic that I was out of touch with real prices. $45 sounds a lot more reasonable to me, I was shocked at the $800 charge and $1600 for 2 days was just so outrageous!

That really depends on what part of the country you are in. $100/hr here in Northern California is the norm. I'm an independent tractor mechanic and charge $90/hr and get told that I'm not charging enough. For $45/hr here you'd get a hack with a toolbox in the trunk of his wife's car.

Brian

/ NotHappyJan #27  
Year I know this is a year old, but here I go anyway.

I was pretty fortunate that I (then) knew a guy who had done a bit of work on em previously. Insisted on him doing a pre-delivery inspection before officially taking ownership. Mainly a nuts and bolt tension thing, but as he had looked at some before, any help here was gold. It seemed (at least back then) it was basically a case of receive unit into country, chuck on some tyres and send er out.

A decent guide (with pics in an understandable version of English) showing what oil goes where would be of great use to many owners of these units. Would probably solve some owners issues. My only previous experience with a tractor was an old MF (grey) 20 with a Vanguard motor when I was a kid. No stuff like power steer, FEL etc.. Still trying to work out a couple of things.

Biggest issue was the 5 weeks my unit sat leaking hub oil at a mates place. All it needed was hub seal (literally just an O ring) that died not long after I bought it. A simple matter that wasnt handled very well between repairer and Aust distributer. In the end after stern words (why cant people just get a simple job done without me having to thow my 65 Kg weight around :mad: across the counter) a complete hub with seal arrived and I wound up having to fit it. I honestly recon if I didnt resort to some serious face to face, my tractor would still be sitting stranded.

One hydraulic line to PTO went and broke a fitting on the 4 in 1. Fixed some serious rubbing of fan belt on alternator. But I'm not bitching about these, cause I expected some minor fix ups along the way. Its a cheap tractor so I expected a few things would need attention.

/ NotHappyJan #28  
Hi Jatt... ive also had to change my glide ring and my seal on the right hand of the ram but after 200 hours so I wasnt suprised, yes the agrison tractors are quite possibly the cheapest in the aussie market and the quality is pretty good considering the price is so low!

Year I know this is a year old, but here I go anyway.

I was pretty fortunate that I (then) knew a guy who had done a bit of work on em previously. Insisted on him doing a pre-delivery inspection before officially taking ownership. Mainly a nuts and bolt tension thing, but as he had looked at some before, any help here was gold. It seemed (at least back then) it was basically a case of receive unit into country, chuck on some tyres and send er out.

A decent guide (with pics in an understandable version of English) showing what oil goes where would be of great use to many owners of these units. Would probably solve some owners issues. My only previous experience with a tractor was an old MF (grey) 20 with a Vanguard motor when I was a kid. No stuff like power steer, FEL etc.. Still trying to work out a couple of things.

Biggest issue was the 5 weeks my unit sat leaking hub oil at a mates place. All it needed was hub seal (literally just an O ring) that died not long after I bought it. A simple matter that wasnt handled very well between repairer and Aust distributer. In the end after stern words (why cant people just get a simple job done without me having to thow my 65 Kg weight around :mad: across the counter) a complete hub with seal arrived and I wound up having to fit it. I honestly recon if I didnt resort to some serious face to face, my tractor would still be sitting stranded.

One hydraulic line to PTO went and broke a fitting on the 4 in 1. Fixed some serious rubbing of fan belt on alternator. But I'm not bitching about these, cause I expected some minor fix ups along the way. Its a cheap tractor so I expected a few things would need attention.

/ NotHappyJan #29  
Its always good to here from other folk who have bought units from Agrisun.

I do feel for those who are having serious issues with their units and the frustration that dealing with the above mentioned company can bring.

Maybe we can put some sort of thing as a group to help out with things like parts and possible alternatives one can source locally.

Happy to share any knowledge I have picked up along the way about my 45 HP unit.

Jatt

/ NotHappyJan #30  
Think you will find that your unit is a Luzhong LZ454. Luzhong Australia (based in Western Australia ) is the official agent for these tractors. He should be able to supply you with anything you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.