Comparison Gear driven or HST

/ Gear driven or HST #1  

hmeadows

Tractor
Mitsubishi D2350 FD
I'm looking at a Kubota B3200 or a L3200 with either a gear driven or HST. I would like some comments on these.

Thanks

/ Gear driven or HST #2  
Oh boy.... There are exactly 500 million threads on here viciously debating this topic. That said, might as well get it started....

HST all the way!!! Gear is for losers!!!!!!

:D

Last edited:
   / Gear driven or HST #3  
I wouldn't say losers.... They both have there place as maybe you never used a newer syncro gear drive. Depends what the guy wants to use it for.....

/ Gear driven or HST #5  
Generaly speaking,if new or inexperienced operators;HST.Also HST has a benefit for ease of Front end loader work/tight quarters.
I own HST but have used gear models.

/ Gear driven or HST #6  
Oh boy.... There are exactly 500 million threads on here viciously debating this topic. That said....

Of course, it's a well known fact that HST's are for quiche eating girly guys who are too uncoordinated and/or mechanically inept to shift gears!!!

But there are, in fact, many many many threads on TBN on this subject. Do a search and read a few dozen...then get on the tractor and determine which you prefer.

/ Gear driven or HST #7  
No, No, HST bad, Gear GOOD.:D Just kidding I would try both and see what you like. There are lots of posts on the subject about which is better for different kinds of work.

/ Gear driven or HST #8  
I must be a loser ! LOL !...All kidding aside, I'm old school and went with a PST which I consider a blend of old gear and "new" HST...played with an HST and just didn't care for it...best I can recommend is drive and play with both of them...good luck..

Rich

/ Gear driven or HST #9  
Oh boy.... There are exactly 500 million threads on here viciously debating this topic. That said....

HST OR GEAR IT DOESN'T MATTER AS LONG AS IT'S A DEERE! GO BIG GREEN!

/ Gear driven or HST #10  
HST is more user friendly. Have you ever used a old lawn mower that was a gear drive? Most of the time one gear was too fast on was too slow. That is what you will run into with a tractor. With a hydro you will be able to go as fast or slow as you want.