McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader

/ McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader #1  

cederstrand

Bronze Member
Tractor
Mahindra 5035HST w/loader, J.D.855 w/loader, McCormick CT28H w/FEL
Am looking at a McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader. It has 18 hours on it. Paint is faded. Price offered is $12,200. Good deal or not? Anything I should be asking about it? Thank you for any info and suggestion. (would be to replace my old JD855) -Rob

/ McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader #2  
i am really happy with my 2010 Ct28M (12speed syncro shuttle). i have 200 abusive hours on it maitaining my motocross track and doing chores. it has held up well. they are the same tractor as a new boomer 30/ farmall 30. 2250# lift capacity for the loader and i belive 2300# on the 3 point. 2 remotes standard, rubber platform mat, fender mounted loader joystick, suspension seat. i payed $15,500 for mine in 2011 as a 12 hour demo unit that was used to load the sled and pull around a big roller at a couple antique tractor pulls.

Last edited:
   / McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader #3  
That tractor is a Kioti CK27 or Bobcat CT225, they are all made by Daedong of South Korea. The loaders will be different between them, but other than that, they're all the same, so any of those dealers would be able to service it for you assuming you're buying privately. I replaced my JD 955 with a Kioti CK30 (the exact same tractor that you're looking at with 2 extra hp). Incredible difference between them in terms of what the tractor will do and the Kioti version (not sure if the McCormick is the same) offers a lot of really nice features that the JD x55 series didn't.

18hrs is absolutely nothing. Too bad the paint is a little faded. $12,200 is a bargain IMH, but then prices for new and used are different in Canada.

/ McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader
After looking at it, it does have some rust on small things like a couple handles and the ROPS. I saw 4 Remotes on the back, although I don't know what they would be used for on that sized tractor? They will load the rear tires and deliver for that price. It comes with a 6 month warranty. Sat on a Dealership lot which was closed, which is no doubt why there are those few rusty spots.

He said the loader should handle moving a hay bale providing there is ample weight on the back. Any thoughts? (I use my Mahindra for moving round bales, but it would be mighty nice if this smaller McCormick could also do this task around the baryard)

Still sound like a good deal? Should I bite?

Thanks! Rob

/ McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader #5  
4 remotes (4 X supply and return) or 2 sets of remotes (2 X supply and return)? They only make a kit to add a second remote to the tractor so if there's actually 4 sets, they're using something else to do it. Why only 6 month warranty if it was just sitting on another dealers lot? Is that a warranty from the dealer or the balance of the factory warranty? There must be more story to it than it was on another dealers lot, it doesn't matter how old the tractor is, if it doesn't have an in-service date (never sold), the full warranty would apply.

Regardless of any of the above, it still sounds like a great deal. The difference between Kioti, Bobcat, Landini and McCormick other than the color, warranty and price is they all use different loaders. I know nothing about McCormicks loader (or who builds it for them) but I'm pretty sure I've seen pictures of a CK27/30/35 (all the same loader) moving a round bale. Try a search in the Kioti forum.

/ McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader #6  
That tractor is a Kioti CK27 or Bobcat CT225, they are all made by Daedong of South Korea. The loaders will be different between them, but other than that, they're all the same,
Only the X-10 series McCormiks are made by Daedong.
The CT series were made by LS.

/ McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader #7  
Only the X-10 series McCormiks are made by Daedong.
The CT series were made by LS.

There you go, I stand corrected, and that would explain why they are the same as Landini. Back then they both would have been made by LS.

Well, it has been delivered and is now parked under my barn eaves, waiting for it's first assignment. Hope it works out well. Two questions, the first one I'm embarrassed about:
1) Where is the parking break locking mechanism located?
2) Is there a place online where I can download a Manual?
Thanks!

Last edited:
Update: Traced back from the brake pedal and found the parking brake lever. Hey, just like my Toyota Camry.:laughing:
Dropped an e-mail to McCormick regarding a manual and have not yet heard back. I couldn't find a free one online.:confused3:
Did some seeding with it today and I must say, I like it so far. A silent PTO and a much better parking break than my big Mahindra. :thumbsup: Still need to test out the loader.
Cheers! Rob

/ McCormick CT28H 4wd w/loader #10  
mine picks up good sized round bales so you should not have any problem. if you need info i could copy a couple pages out of the manual. mine covers both standard and hst models. suprised yours did not come with one. did you get it from a dealer?