Buying Advice Kubota M7040

/ Kubota M7040 #11  
What size mower does your property allow you to run? 10 foot? 15 foot? 45 acres is a lot of grass. How much time do you have? A 9540 might suit you better if you want run a 15 footer.

/ Kubota M7040 #12  
Great Suggestion and will follow up my research on those. By the way what is the float function on the remotes?

Just as the loader has a float function by pushing the lever (usually) forward past a detent to let the bucket float up and down with the terrain, there are times when it is nice to be able to do that with an implement both forward-backward and-or side to side. the rear remote lever would move and actuate in the same manor.;)

/ Kubota M7040
Just talked with a John Deere Dealer and he has a 2010 5075M with 553 Loader, no cab but with Canopy with 120 hours on it. Wants $38,300. Any thoughts on this deal. Comparing it to a new Kubota 7040M comparably equipped for 35,500. Both in Alabama

/ Kubota M7040
I could run a 15 foot very little obstacles. It's just the cost or the cutter and a bigger tractor stopping me.

/ Kubota M7040 #15  
Just for a comparison, get a price on a Kubota M8540, waaaaaaaaay more tractor than the M7040 and my understanding is that they are not all that much more $$$$$. Might be able to get it for the JD price and it would be a very nice machine to have IMO. ;)

/ Kubota M7040 #16  
No more 8540s available from Kubota. Or 9540s either unless you find used. Kubota is only selling the 60 series now in that power range of tractor.

/ Kubota M7040 #17  
No more 8540s available from Kubota. Or 9540s either unless you find used. Kubota is only selling the 60 series now in that power range of tractor.

Well, the Kubota website still shows them, but if they are all gone :(, then I think that he should at least take a look at an M8560.

/ Kubota M7040 #18  
What are some things a should keep in mind in terms of how to configure it.

My neighbor has one and loves. it. He has cast rear centers but it's still light in the back end so maybe add a couple rear weights to each side.

/ Kubota M7040 #19  
You may no longer order a new M8540/9540, but there are still new ones on dealers' lots, I saw some last week.

/ Kubota M7040 #20  
We have a 2006 M7040 and love it. It's done everything asked of it from Tree work, dirt and gravel hauling, bailing hay, mud work and brush hogging. Only issue is it's light in the backend. Numerous times have we almost flipped it when moving hay. Anytime we pick up anything over half ton we put a bale on the back spear. We have around 1200 hours and it's never seen the shop for any reason. Excellent machine but have something done about the light back end.