New kioti or used?

/ New kioti or used? #1  

Illini22

Gold Member
Tractor
2013 Kioti dk40 hst, wright stander zero turn
I've looked at a 2004 lb1914 with loader and chipper (no need for chipper) with 200 hours. Two lk 3054's with loaders, one had a 5' bush hog (off brand). One had 850 hours the other was near 300. Both were in the 1990's. All of these tractors were around $7000. I didn't negotiate with the lb1914 because I think I want a little more tractor. The guy with one of the lk 3054 said he would take 6500. It's in decent but not outstanding shape, faded a bit, just looks a little dated. Ran well with no blow by or smoke besides starting.
I have 6 somewhat flat acres for a future homesite. It's on a lake, so I have 300' of frontage with a slope that is easily walk able. I have a small building and about 400 feet of gravel driveway. My current tractor a b7100 hst 4x4 doesn't have wloader and I have been wanting one since 2006.
I recently saw a ds3510 for $13,999, ($600 for delivery) on tractor house, I didn't think that was to bad of a price with a loader. I then saw a new 2011 ck35 hst with loader for 15999, close to home. I emailed local dealer and asked about a2012 ck 20hst because that would probably me more than enough tractor. He quoted 14,500 for it and 14799 for the2012 ds3510. I may not be able to get a agricultural tax exception because of a farm our family owns.
I am thinking the prices between the new and used is to close not to go new. I would've thought and hoped the ck20 hst would be more than $1500 cheaper than the ck 35hst. The ck35 is a year older but seems like much, much more tractor. Any thoughts or advice. I do have a mahindra dealer not to far away and a bobcat dealer. Thanks for the replys,

/ New kioti or used? #2  
The CK35 looks like a bargain to me. especially if it had a SSQA on the loader bucket. It would be inclined to go with new.. but that is just me

James K0UA

/ New kioti or used?
I know the ck 35 and the ds3510 are quick attach, although the ck has 2 levers and the ds had one that operated both connection points. The ck 20 im not sure about. I know the ck20's hydraulic pump output was much lower Thant the ds 3510 and the ck 35. I miss typed about a potential tax exception if I buy local, I should qualify. If I buy the ds in Alabama it is a non issue. I really don't want to spend $14000 plus for a tractor but can't justify (without your help) spending $6500-$7000 for something 18 years old. It just seems the ck20s should be cheaper.

/ New kioti or used? #4  
I had the same delima and decided to go New because of the warranty and knowing they will take care of it for a few years. You will be satisified for sure. Used in Tractors as in cars, sometimes is buying someones problems. I have the DK45SE HST and love it.

/ New kioti or used? #5  
I had the same delima and decided to go New because of the warranty and knowing they will take care of it for a few years. You will be satisified for sure. Used in Tractors as in cars, sometimes is buying someones problems. I have the DK45SE HST and love it.

Nice Tractor and welcome to TBN

/ New kioti or used? #6  
The ck35 is one of the best buys out there. That would be the way I would go.

/ New kioti or used? #7  
You might want to look at the Bobcats which are the same. They are being discontinued so big price reductions are the normal!

/ New kioti or used?
Dave, I'm leaning towards new because, the age of the used ones I've looked at and the difference in price isn't all that great when factoring in the age, manual trans (no shuttle either), quick attach, warranty and many other things that could go wrong with a 18 year old tractor. I just don't want to spend $14000-$16000, lol. Gittyup, I think your right about the ck35, seems like a lot more tractor than the ck20, lift capacity, hydraulic pump flow, telescoping links, 3 speed hydro versus 2, and only $1500 more, lol! Art, your right about the bobcat, they are a little further away but, it doesn't hurt to see what they have to say.

/ New kioti or used?
Well, I put a deposit down on a new 2011 ck35 hst. Quick attatch loader, suspension seat, grill guard, telescoping links and r4 tires. The price on tractorhouse actually went down because Kioti added an additional $500 rebate. I'm also considering adding the Kioti remotes (2sets) for a little under $800. Unless their are better setups elsewhere. I'm also going to purchase a box blade and a ratchet rake or tooth bar and a cutting edge if its needed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    935.3 KB · Views: 173
   / New kioti or used? #10  
Well, I put a deposit down on a new 2011 ck35 hst. Quick attatch loader, suspension seat, grill guard, telescoping links and r4 tires. The price on tractorhouse actually went down because Kioti added an additional $500 rebate. I'm also considering adding the Kioti remotes (2sets) for a little under $800. Unless their are better setups elsewhere. I'm also going to purchase a box blade and a ratchet rake or tooth bar and a cutting edge if its needed.

Get the Kioti remotes. OEM is the way to go. Be sure that you get one if not both of them (if you can) with the float function. When you order the box blade, see if you can get a 66" wide unit. Whatever width that you end up with, get the heaviest one that you can afford. Weight is usually your friend when it comes to grading.

Good luck with everything and be sure to post some pictures when you get it. ;)