Buying Advice Finding the right tractor.

/ Finding the right tractor. #1  

ohiodon74

Tractor
Ford 1953 NAA
Been looking for a new tractor for a mouth. I have looked at the John Deere 1026R,Kubota BX 2360, Massey GC2600 and the Mahindra Max 25. I have read about problems with the John Deere hood, knobs and deck. Kabota's hydrolic's. Massey is a known name, and I like the tractor got a good deal. I have also got a good deal from the Mahindra dealer. Is the Mahindra just as good if not better than the other brands? Do they have problems?

/ Finding the right tractor. #2  
they ALL have their problems.

mostly.. any of the big3 (4) will serve you well. they are top teir and top $.. the 2nd teir machiens offer a lil discount on $ and still decent quality.

3rd teir machines like economy chinese imports offer steep financial incentive , but also require a lil more user and dealer intervention...

/ Finding the right tractor. #3  
I just went through the same process. I looked at the JD, Massey and Mahindra. I ruled the JD out first due to price. One local dealer had Massey Ferguson and Mahindra and I compared the gc2600 and Max25 side by side. I felt that Mahindra was a better tractor. I like the way it felt and operated better and the build quality seemed to be heavier duty. I decided on the Mahindra Max25 with the loader, and 60" MMM, toothbar for the bucket and had the rear tires filled with rimguard. I got all of that for $15,300 cash price.

/ Finding the right tractor. #4  
I'm sure they are all good tractors, we own two BX's and have never run into any problems with hydraulics, so I am lost on that. I really like the features on the 1026R, but the prices I have seen are pretty high, so you pay for those features; may be worth it maybe not.

I'm not familiar with the Mahindra Max or Massey, so can't help there.

/ Finding the right tractor. #5  
Get whatever tractor fits you the best. What is wrong with the Kubota's hydraulics?

/ Finding the right tractor. #6  
Get the tractor that suits you, but...........The Mahindra, although listed as a 'subcompact' by Mahindra...........Really isn't.

Mahindra lowered the tire size, and installed a higher horsepower engine, but kept the rest of their tractor the same as the old design(which was categorized as a 'compact tractor', to try to increase sales...........the specs tell the tale.........TractorData.com Mahindra 1816 tractor information TractorData.com Mahindra 1815 tractor information

My Massey GC2400 was 13, 750, with the FEL and 60 inch mid mount mower.

/ Finding the right tractor. #7  
Get the tractor that suits you, but...........The Mahindra, although listed as a 'subcompact' by Mahindra...........Really isn't.

Mahindra lowered the tire size, and installed a higher horsepower engine, but kept the rest of their tractor the same as the old design(which was categorized as a 'compact tractor', to try to increase sales...........the specs tell the tale.........TractorData.com Mahindra 1816 tractor information TractorData.com Mahindra 1815 tractor information

My Massey GC2400 was 13, 750, with the FEL and 60 inch mid mount mower.

Don87,
You keep bringing this up on threads but I don't get your point? These are the same weight, length, width and abilities as other so called subcompacts. Nothing out of the ordinary that I can see. I haven't seen where any of these categories are carved in stone, and don't see anything misleading with Mahindra selling these as subcompact tractors. Maybe we should call all of these 3/4 ton tractors or little bity tractors or super riding mowers.:confused3:

/ Finding the right tractor. #8  
The 2 smaller Max tractors are more comparable to a B series kubota or a 2520 Deere.

/ Finding the right tractor. #9  
Of those you listed, I'd go with the Max25 for general purpose use. but if mowing were 80% or greater of the usage, I'd go with the JD.

/ Finding the right tractor. #10  
Kioti has theyre own subcompact.cs2410