Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    Ford 1953 NAA

Default Finding the right tractor.

Been looking for a new tractor for a mouth. I have looked at the John Deere 1026R,kubota BX 2360, Massey GC2600 and the Mahindra Max 25. I have read about problems with the John Deere hood, knobs and deck. Kabota's hydrolic's. Massey is a known name, and I like the tractor got a good deal. I have also got a good deal from the Mahindra dealer. Is the Mahindra just as good if not better than the other brands? Do they have problems?

Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

Default Re: Finding the right tractor.

they ALL have their problems.

mostly.. any of the big3 (4) will serve you well. they are top teir and top $.. the 2nd teir machiens offer a lil discount on $ and still decent quality.

3rd teir machines like economy chinese imports offer steep financial incentive , but also require a lil more user and dealer intervention...

Tractor
    Mahindra Max 25

I just went through the same process. I looked at the JD, Massey and Mahindra. I ruled the JD out first due to price. One local dealer had Massey Ferguson and Mahindra and I compared the gc2600 and Max25 side by side. I felt that Mahindra was a better tractor. I like the way it felt and operated better and the build quality seemed to be heavier duty. I decided on the Mahindra Max25 with the loader, and 60" MMM, toothbar for the bucket and had the rear tires filled with rimguard. I got all of that for $15,300 cash price.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

I'm sure they are all good tractors, we own two BX's and have never run into any problems with hydraulics, so I am lost on that. I really like the features on the 1026R, but the prices I have seen are pretty high, so you pay for those features; may be worth it maybe not.

I'm not familiar with the Mahindra Max or Massey, so can't help there.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

Get whatever tractor fits you the best. What is wrong with the kubota's hydraulics?
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Get the tractor that suits you, but...........The Mahindra, although listed as a 'subcompact' by Mahindra...........Really isn't.

Mahindra lowered the tire size, and installed a higher horsepower engine, but kept the rest of their tractor the same as the old design(which was categorized as a 'compact tractor', to try to increase sales...........the specs tell the tale.........TractorData.com Mahindra 1816 tractor information TractorData.com Mahindra 1815 tractor information

My Massey GC2400 was 13, 750, with the FEL and 60 inch mid mount mower.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Deere 110tlb, 4520, x749, L130

Quote Originally Posted by Don87 View Post
    Get the tractor that suits you, but...........The Mahindra, although listed as a 'subcompact' by Mahindra...........Really isn't.

Mahindra lowered the tire size, and installed a higher horsepower engine, but kept the rest of their tractor the same as the old design(which was categorized as a 'compact tractor', to try to increase sales...........the specs tell the tale.........TractorData.com Mahindra 1816 tractor information TractorData.com Mahindra 1815 tractor information

My Massey GC2400 was 13, 750, with the FEL and 60 inch mid mount mower.

Don87,
    You keep bringing this up on threads but I don't get your point? These are the same weight, length, width and abilities as other so called subcompacts. Nothing out of the ordinary that I can see. I haven't seen where any of these categories are carved in stone, and don't see anything misleading with Mahindra selling these as subcompact tractors. Maybe we should call all of these 3/4 ton tractors or little bity tractors or super riding mowers.

Tractor
    Kubota BX2360 & L4240 HSTC

The 2 smaller Max tractors are more comparable to a B series kubota or a 2520 Deere.
    Roger

Kubota BX2360 & Kubota L4240 with paddle shifter, suicide doors and 24's
    Past Stuff: Ford 8N, Cub Cadet 2206, Bobcat CT235

My Threads

EA Wicked Grapple Build - 3PH Pallet Mover - Harbor Freight QH Mods - L4240 Upgrades - BX2360 Upgrades- How Add a Switch to a Worklight

My YouTube Channel

Tractor
    Kioti CK25 Shuttle Shift, loaded tires, JD X739

Of those you listed, I'd go with the Max25 for general purpose use. but if mowing were 80% or greater of the usage, I'd go with the JD.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 40-Massey ferguson 135-Ventrac 4500 Diesel

Kioti has theyre own subcompact.cs2410
    Murph ------------

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast