Is 5000 hrs alot

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #11  
It may be a good tractor, but I wouldnt chance it. Thats a lot of hours for a CUT and who knows what kind of maintenance the golf course did on it and what yahoos were driving it, likely a bunch of different operators who couldnt care less of the maintenance. I would look for a low hour one owner tractor that is clean and looks cared for, stored inside etc. Lots of them around

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #12  
5khrs on a large diesel may only be halfway thru it's life. 5k on a small diesel and she's probably past middle age.. and wanting a clutch if has not had one.

on a gasser.. probably clapped out ;)

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #13  
Way too many hours for that price. I would look else where. :cool:

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #15  
high miles/hours I learned last year SHOULD be a red flag in my life. :(

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #16  
I don't think 5k hrs is a lot ... Heck my 1953 ford jubilee had its first engine rebuild this year...now it's gas and not diesel, but if it was maintained properly, it's good for another 5k hrs. These diesels are made to go 10k hrs . Call Kubota and ask them...

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #17  
I don't think 5k hrs is a lot ... Heck my 1953 ford jubilee had its first engine rebuild this year...now it's gas and not diesel, but if it was maintained properly, it's good for another 5k hrs. These diesels are made to go 10k hrs . Call Kubota and ask them...

Perhaps both are factual.

I think the point was for the $$$ the owner wants that is a lot more hours than other options out there in the same price range.

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #18  
Some years ago the design life of a tractor was considered to be 10,000 hours. Using that criteria you'd be at half life.

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #19  
Giving a design life for all tractors as being equal - well, get an engine from a JD CUT and one from a large ag tractor and disassemble them side by side. They have pistons and crankshafts and all the other things that comprise an engine, but where's the beef in the small engine? I'm not saying your CUT is going to lay over and die at 5,000 hours. To be realistic under average conditions you will find the failure rate rising at 5,000 hours is you sample a large quantity. Large ag 10,000 hours. Large mining truck 30,000 hours.

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #20  
i agree.. larger the engine, and oil sump.. generally larger maintenance intervals and life.

we see 10-12k on large, even older diesels all the time...