Is 5000 hrs alot

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #1  

douglaja

Tractor
JD 790
I have found a Kubota M4700 for sale that has almost 5000 hrs on it. current owner said he bought it from a golf course that used for mowing. Current owner said he used it for hay. He is asking 7000.00 for it with a box blade, back blade, and a front blade. Any thoughts How much life does this tractor have left?

Thanks

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #3  
Not apples and apples but that would be 200,000 miles on a vehicle averaging 40 miles per hour.

I would say a GC care tractor would be much better then one workin hard tilling ground.

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #4  
5000 hours is alot of hours on a machine. Especially when going off a strangers word on how it was used or maintained. Also having mulitple owners. Sellers always love using the only driven on sundays excuse (Golf course) haha. Out of sight out of mind.

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #5  
I think it would simply boil down to the condition the tractor is currently in, not much to go on as you haven't mentioned any thing other than hours. Five thousand hours on a well cared for machine wouldn't scare me but poor maintenance and condition would make me pause.

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #6  
5,000 hours would be too many for me to buy a used tractor. 3,000-3,500 hours would be better in my experience if the price was right.

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #7  
I looked on Tractorhouse. That's a lot cheaper than any I found but they all had a lot less hours.

To me it would all depend on over all condition and gut instinct. If it was actually well cared for that many hours wouldn't bother me in the least.

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #8  
1st off that price is more than fair for that tractor if its in good shape an everything works as it should.now 5000hrs isnt really alot of hours.but alot her at TBN think it is.if the motor is still strong an sounds good an dont smoke to bad its good.

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #9  
I think 5K hours is a lot, especially with multiple owners. Most commercial equipment seems to be traded off around 3K hours. Like a previous poster noted, it's like buying a car with 200K on it. It should be cheap.

/ Is 5000 hrs alot #10  
I have seen a vast number of Kubota engines over the last 30 years. Some at 1000 hrs. and complete junk, same amount or more with 10K -15K hrs. and running like new and have never been opened up. All depends on the maintenace it received. Kubota if asked, would likely tell you that at 5000 hrs. it would be normal to expect to replace rings with standard size and rehone cylinders as normal repair but if it runs fine, doesn't smoke, and price is right - go for it.