Price Check Kubota Pricing

/ Kubota Pricing #1  

dabull

Tractor
BX 1860
Hello from dabull,

I will be buying a new Kubota bx1860 with front loader, snow blower, and 48 inch mower. Includes all mounts and hitches, and ins.Does anyone know what price I should pay? Zero down, zero interest 60 months. RI area

/ Kubota Pricing #2  
Welcome to TBN! It would be easier for members to answer if you give us the amount the dealer is asking. Then they could say if it is within reasonable limits. Tractor prices vary throughout the country.

/ Kubota Pricing #3  
Do this instead.

Go to "Build My Kubota" on the Kubota's website. Build it, virtually. If you find a dealer willing to sell you that build for 6-8% off list? Good deal. 8-10% Great deal.

Great tractor, btw.

View attachment 286409

/ Kubota Pricing #4  
dabull,

I just got an out the door price for a bx2660 with FEL, 60" MMM and 50" tiller for $20,400.00. The tiller is relatively close in price to the blower so if you look at the base price difference between the 2660 and the 1860 you should be in the ball park. That price has 6% Michigan sales tax included.

/ Kubota Pricing #5  
Ditto on using "build your kubota"

Advise I got years ago when negotiating a deal: "he who speaks first, loses". Do your homework, let them make the first "offer".

In addition, consider contacting Barlow's and see what they can do for you. I have seen MANY posts on here about transactions with them and getting excellent pricing. They have even sold to a couple of people here in Vermont.

Barlow Equipment - Home of the Kubota Tractor Package Builder

/ Kubota Pricing #6  
you get a price with everything you want in the deal.then you knock off 8 or 10% an then make your offer.then wait for the dealer to counter an go from there.

/ Kubota Pricing #7  
FWIW- If the customer makes first "offer", he is then at the disadvantage in the deal. Having the dealer start off gives you the opportunity to see if his first price is best, based on your research or- shows you he starts high.

Example- I "offer" $100.00 for the "purchase" The dealer smiles because his starting point would have been $90.00 with room to go down. You have already lost- the dealer might say then, that $100.00 is too low and get the buyer to go higher.

If the dealer goes first then you know exactly where he stands. If compared to your research he is high- than negotiate down. If he is giving best price then no need to negotiate further.

Using the "build your own" is a great tool to know where the MSRP is. If you wanted to play hard ball, Knock say- 15 percent off and have that be your counter offer. BUT playing hardball might end the negotiations then and there.

/ Kubota Pricing #9  
FWIW- If the customer makes first "offer", he is then at the disadvantage in the deal. Having the dealer start off gives you the opportunity to see if his first price is best, based on your research or- shows you he starts high.

Example- I "offer" $100.00 for the "purchase" The dealer smiles because his starting point would have been $90.00 with room to go down. You have already lost- the dealer might say then, that $100.00 is too low and get the buyer to go higher.

If the dealer goes first then you know exactly where he stands. If compared to your research he is high- than negotiate down. If he is giving best price then no need to negotiate further.

Using the "build your own" is a great tool to know where the MSRP is. If you wanted to play hard ball, Knock say- 15 percent off and have that be your counter offer. BUT playing hardball might end the negotiations then and there.

anytime ive delt with a dealer on anything i always get what the dealer thinks is his bottom price 1st.then i turn around an counter.example the dealer wanted $25900 for the tractor i priced.so i countered with $24000 cash well he had to call kubota to see if he could take that price.called me back in a few mins an said it was a deal.he knew if he wanted to sell me the tractor he better take the deal.

/ Kubota Pricing #10  
I have purchased 3 new Kubota tractors since 2010, a GL3940, M7040cab, BX2660 All with loaders and implements.

15-18% off of kubotas build your own pricing.

It may or may not help, that between myself and two friends we have bought almost a dozen excavators, 6 tractors, and a couple of 4 seater RTV's from the same salesperson in the last 2-3 years.

I am located in Texas, near Houston. Pricing may be different in other markets....