Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota B7500, Polaris Ranger 500

Default Re: You guys cost me a lot of money

Outstanding! I bet you're going to like the HST too.

Tractor
    2008 Mahindra 5525, 1964 MF-135 diesel, 1951 Farmall Super A, 1951 Minneapolis Moline BF, 1945 Oliver 60 Row Crop, 1949 JD B widefront

Congrats on your new stuff--nice to hear an upbeat success story like yours.
    Have fun and watch out for that yellow snow

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, AC B, '39 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400

Quote Originally Posted by PandDLong
    A couple of months ago, I decided it was time to update my tractor - I had run my JD 850 for about 10 years. My plan was simple, go to my local, convenient and known, JD dealer and trade-in for a current model -- but a little more powerful. Then I found TBN.

First thing, was the recommendation in many threads to try out all the available brands and different models - so begins the journey!

At JD, I look at the 3032E (dealer recommended) and the "up-one" 3320, then I head over to kubota and see the L3200/3800 and a Grand L3540. Last option was at Bobcat for the CT235 and CT335. Filled with options and a fistful of brochures, I read a lot of TBN threads and post a few questions. What started as a simple trade for a JD 850 equivalent, gets complex and the extras (money) starts to add up.

1. For maintaining my gravel driveway, a grader/scraper (never heard of one before) seems to do such a better job than my rear blade - more $$
    2. Looking at snow removal options, I get enamoured with the idea of moving up to a blower from a blade - more $$$
    3. A hydraulic top-link is a new concept to me and many posters say they don't know what they did without it - more $
    4. That will require a rear remote - more $$
    5. Posters mention the incredible utility and frequently newfound uses of pallet forks - more $$
    6. I post asking of the value of a hydraulic chute rotator for that new snow blower and I hear a "yes, if I can" - more $
    7. That will require another rear remote - more $
    8. Seeing all of the the threads on weight and ballast, I decide a ballast box is the way to go for my needs - more $
    9. I post whether the Kubota HST+ is really a plus and get a resounding YES (and reminded that the Grand L is also beefier, more comforts and options, etc) - more $$$

That adds up to a whole lot of $$$$ for stuff I knew nothing about before this journey started.

Where did this end? I have just taken delivery of a new Kubota Grand L3540 with a bunch of extras. Reading the frequent requests for pics, one is attached from the day of delivery (and yes, that is early snow on the ground).

While this bundle cost a lot more than a straight update of my JD 850, if I hadn't found TBN, I would have probably gone for a JD 3320 at my local dealer and just that tractor with no extras would have cost me a few thousand $ more than this entire bundle of goodies. So...

I should say, THANK YOU TBN members, I got a great tractor and all these extras for less money than if had just stayed "offline" away from TBN

Now I have to go out and enjoy all this new stuff!
    Excellent choice sir!

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

Congrats! Looks like you have plenty of toys to keep you busy!
    Kyle - CompactTractorFan

Kubota BX25 w/R4's (23 hp, 17.7 PTO hp), Loader, Backhoe, 60" Mid Mount Mower, Cyclone Rake Z-10 Lawn Vacuum, CountyLine Carryall, Ferris 48" Walk-Behind Mower, Honda 21" Walk-Behind Mower, Mighty Mac 4" Chipper/Shredder,
    2000 Dodge Intrepid, 2012 Ford F-150 EcoBoost

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Grand L 3540 HST-3, R4's

Congrats, that's a beauty, your going to just love the L3540, don't ask me how I know! Lots of nice add ons too, enjoy!
    DevilDog
    He is your Friend, Your Partner, Your Defender, Your Dog. You Are His Life, His Love, His Leader. He Will Be Yours, Faithful And True, To The Last Beat Of His Heart. ...Unknown

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Congrats on the new toys, have fun.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kubota bx2360

It's only money... Very nice set up. Can't see how you could go wrong.
    Swim 2.4 miles, bike 112, run 26.2- brag for the rest of your life.

2011 BX 2360, Rear remotes, 5 ft rear blade, MMM, FEL, sub soiler, 3PH wood spliter, Ratchet Rake, Carryall, Hydraulic top link, 3PH Tiller, 1 row Cultivator

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX25

The right color too!

Post up some utubes!
    Regards,

Artisan

Kubota 2012 BX25 (23H.P. / 17.7pto)
    14' Dump / Carson 12K Tow Trailer w/ movable Winch,
    Canopy, Tunes, Stabilizer Soft Pads, 10"-12"BH Buckets, FEL Grapple, Fasse Valved & Switched,
    Fire Extinguisher, ChainSaw Mount, Protective Surround / Enclosure in the works.

Stayin' Alive (This click could save a life...)

Elite Member
    Tractor
    7040 HDC 1153 fel

man those are some nice toys with your tractor.

Tractor
    New Holland T5070

Geez, I have implement envy. Nice set of toys, er, tools.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -
    Benjamin Franklin

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
    -Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast