You guys cost me a lot of money

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #21  
Outstanding! I bet you're going to like the HST too.

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #22  
Congrats on your new stuff--nice to hear an upbeat success story like yours.
Have fun and watch out for that yellow snow:laughing:

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #23  
PandDLong said:
A couple of months ago, I decided it was time to update my tractor - I had run my JD 850 for about 10 years. My plan was simple, go to my local, convenient and known, JD dealer and trade-in for a current model -- but a little more powerful. Then I found TBN.

First thing, was the recommendation in many threads to try out all the available brands and different models - so begins the journey!

At JD, I look at the 3032E (dealer recommended) and the "up-one" 3320, then I head over to Kubota and see the L3200/3800 and a Grand L3540. Last option was at Bobcat for the CT235 and CT335. Filled with options and a fistful of brochures, I read a lot of TBN threads and post a few questions. What started as a simple trade for a JD 850 equivalent, gets complex and the extras (money) starts to add up.

1. For maintaining my gravel driveway, a grader/scraper (never heard of one before) seems to do such a better job than my rear blade - more $$
2. Looking at snow removal options, I get enamoured with the idea of moving up to a blower from a blade - more $$$
3. A hydraulic top-link is a new concept to me and many posters say they don't know what they did without it - more $
4. That will require a rear remote - more $$
5. Posters mention the incredible utility and frequently newfound uses of pallet forks - more $$
6. I post asking of the value of a hydraulic chute rotator for that new snow blower and I hear a "yes, if I can" - more $
7. That will require another rear remote - more $
8. Seeing all of the the threads on weight and ballast, I decide a ballast box is the way to go for my needs - more $
9. I post whether the Kubota HST+ is really a plus and get a resounding YES (and reminded that the Grand L is also beefier, more comforts and options, etc) - more $$$

That adds up to a whole lot of $$$$ for stuff I knew nothing about before this journey started.

Where did this end? I have just taken delivery of a new Kubota Grand L3540 with a bunch of extras. Reading the frequent requests for pics, one is attached from the day of delivery (and yes, that is early snow on the ground).

While this bundle cost a lot more than a straight update of my JD 850, if I hadn't found TBN, I would have probably gone for a JD 3320 at my local dealer and just that tractor with no extras would have cost me a few thousand $ more than this entire bundle of goodies. So...

I should say, THANK YOU TBN members, I got a great tractor and all these extras for less money than if had just stayed "offline" away from TBN

Now I have to go out and enjoy all this new stuff!

Excellent choice sir!

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #24  
Congrats! Looks like you have plenty of toys to keep you busy!

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #25  
Congrats, that's a beauty, your going to just love the L3540, don't ask me how I know! Lots of nice add ons too, enjoy!
DevilDog

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #26  
Congrats on the new toys, have fun.

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #27  
It's only money... Very nice set up. Can't see how you could go wrong.

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #29  
man those are some nice toys with your tractor.

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #30  
Geez, I have implement envy. Nice set of toys, er, tools.