You guys cost me a lot of money

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #1  

PandDLong

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota L3540, JD Z445 Mower, JD LX188 Lawn Tractor
A couple of months ago, I decided it was time to update my tractor - I had run my JD 850 for about 10 years. My plan was simple, go to my local, convenient and known, JD dealer and trade-in for a current model -- but a little more powerful. Then I found TBN.

First thing, was the recommendation in many threads to try out all the available brands and different models - so begins the journey!

At JD, I look at the 3032E (dealer recommended) and the "up-one" 3320, then I head over to Kubota and see the L3200/3800 and a Grand L3540. Last option was at Bobcat for the CT235 and CT335. Filled with options and a fistful of brochures, I read a lot of TBN threads and post a few questions. What started as a simple trade for a JD 850 equivalent, gets complex and the extras (money) starts to add up.

1. For maintaining my gravel driveway, a grader/scraper (never heard of one before) seems to do such a better job than my rear blade - more $$
2. Looking at snow removal options, I get enamoured with the idea of moving up to a blower from a blade - more $$$
3. A hydraulic top-link is a new concept to me and many posters say they don't know what they did without it - more $
4. That will require a rear remote - more $$
5. Posters mention the incredible utility and frequently newfound uses of pallet forks - more $$
6. I post asking of the value of a hydraulic chute rotator for that new snow blower and I hear a "yes, if I can" - more $
7. That will require another rear remote - more $
8. Seeing all of the the threads on weight and ballast, I decide a ballast box is the way to go for my needs - more $
9. I post whether the Kubota HST+ is really a plus and get a resounding YES (and reminded that the Grand L is also beefier, more comforts and options, etc) - more $$$

That adds up to a whole lot of $$$$ for stuff I knew nothing about before this journey started.

Where did this end? I have just taken delivery of a new Kubota Grand L3540 with a bunch of extras. Reading the frequent requests for pics, one is attached from the day of delivery (and yes, that is early snow on the ground).

While this bundle cost a lot more than a straight update of my JD 850, if I hadn't found TBN, I would have probably gone for a JD 3320 at my local dealer and just that tractor with no extras would have cost me a few thousand $ more than this entire bundle of goodies. So...

I should say, THANK YOU TBN members, I got a great tractor and all these extras for less money than if had just stayed "offline" away from TBN

Now I have to go out and enjoy all this new stuff!

Attachments

• image-3326618781.jpg
    image-3326618781.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 820
   / You guys cost me a lot of money #2  
What...no cab? We didn't do a good job at spending your money! :laughing:

Enjoy your new toys!

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #3  
Nice work! That looks like a heck of a nice set up.

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #4  
Very nice looking little set up there!

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #6  
You weren't kidding when you said a bundle of goodies!

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #7  
What, no cab? Congtats on your new make work fun machine!

Dave

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #8  
Congrats on the new equipment!

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #9  
That looks like a great setup. Congratulations.

/ You guys cost me a lot of money #10  
Great ensemble! Enjoy. It does seem that you missed the threads saying that once you have the snow blowing in your face, the cab will be next thing you purchase.

Good luck.