Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L3540

Default You guys cost me a lot of money

A couple of months ago, I decided it was time to update my tractor - I had run my JD 850 for about 10 years. My plan was simple, go to my local, convenient and known, JD dealer and trade-in for a current model -- but a little more powerful. Then I found TBN.

First thing, was the recommendation in many threads to try out all the available brands and different models - so begins the journey!

At JD, I look at the 3032E (dealer recommended) and the "up-one" 3320, then I head over to kubota and see the L3200/3800 and a Grand L3540. Last option was at Bobcat for the CT235 and CT335. Filled with options and a fistful of brochures, I read a lot of TBN threads and post a few questions. What started as a simple trade for a JD 850 equivalent, gets complex and the extras (money) starts to add up.

1. For maintaining my gravel driveway, a grader/scraper (never heard of one before) seems to do such a better job than my rear blade - more $$
    2. Looking at snow removal options, I get enamoured with the idea of moving up to a blower from a blade - more $$$
    3. A hydraulic top-link is a new concept to me and many posters say they don't know what they did without it - more $
    4. That will require a rear remote - more $$
    5. Posters mention the incredible utility and frequently newfound uses of pallet forks - more $$
    6. I post asking of the value of a hydraulic chute rotator for that new snow blower and I hear a "yes, if I can" - more $
    7. That will require another rear remote - more $
    8. Seeing all of the the threads on weight and ballast, I decide a ballast box is the way to go for my needs - more $
    9. I post whether the Kubota HST+ is really a plus and get a resounding YES (and reminded that the Grand L is also beefier, more comforts and options, etc) - more $$$

That adds up to a whole lot of $$$$ for stuff I knew nothing about before this journey started.

Where did this end? I have just taken delivery of a new Kubota Grand L3540 with a bunch of extras. Reading the frequent requests for pics, one is attached from the day of delivery (and yes, that is early snow on the ground).

While this bundle cost a lot more than a straight update of my JD 850, if I hadn't found TBN, I would have probably gone for a JD 3320 at my local dealer and just that tractor with no extras would have cost me a few thousand $ more than this entire bundle of goodies. So...

I should say, THANK YOU TBN members, I got a great tractor and all these extras for less money than if had just stayed "offline" away from TBN

Now I have to go out and enjoy all this new stuff!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-3326618781-jpg  

Tractor
    A couple

Default Re: You guys cost me a lot of money

What...no cab? We didn't do a good job at spending your money!

Enjoy your new toys!
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    Kubota MX5000 4x4

Nice work! That looks like a heck of a nice set up.
    Kubota MX5000 4x4, Woods LC108 loader w/72" Q/A bucket, Woods BH90-X backhoe w/ hyd. thumb, tooth bar, ANBO GR-M6 grapple, loaded R-4 tires.

AND A GREAT WIFE!

Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

Very nice looking little set up there!

Tractor
    John Deere 2305, 2320,Z465

Where's the green paint?

Enjoy!!
    Carefull what you aim for, Aim for nothing and you will achieve it with amazing accuracy.

Tractor
    Bobcat S185 skid steer - Ferris IS500Z - JD GT235

You weren't kidding when you said a bundle of goodies!
    Time loves to be wasted. From that waste their is no salvage - Henry Ford

Also - E Terra E 60 SSQA backhoe • Erskine 73" blower •TSC QA boom pole • Bradco 48" forks • JLG T350 Boom Lift • 2001 Ford F450 w/Telsta A28D aerial lift • CAM Superline 6x12 dump • (2) Kristi 7x18 enclosed • 2014 Ford F250 Super Cab gasser • 2007 Mustang GT • 2007 Crown Vic P71 Police Interceptor

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Oliver 1855, Case 1840, Cub 1550

What, no cab? Congtats on your new make work fun machine!

Dave

Tractor
    John Deere 3720 Premium Cab

Congrats on the new equipment!
    2012 John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300CX Loader w/ 73" HD Bucket, Artillian Forks, 681 Tiller, 72D AutoConnect Mower, 59" Two-stage Snow Blower, Ballast Box, Frontier TR2058 Overseeder, Frontier SS2067B Broadcast
    Spreader, iMatch.

1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee - Currently disassembled waiting for restoration.
    1947 Allis Chalmers Model B - Still running great - handed down from my Grandfather to my Father to me.

Tractor
    John Deere 3038e John Deere X540

That looks like a great setup. Congratulations.
    There is nothing left that will eat it so I have to cut it.

Tractor
    TYM T293

Great ensemble! Enjoy. It does seem that you missed the threads saying that once you have the snow blowing in your face, the cab will be next thing you purchase.

Good luck.
    Tom

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work" - Thomas A. Edison

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast