Are Massey Ferguson 35s to old to buy?

/ Are Massey Ferguson 35s to old to buy? #1  

ArcherXC

Bronze Member
Tractor
1965 Massey Ferguson 135
I've been looking at buying my first tractor. Should I even consider a MF 35? Are parts hard to get. Are they getting to old? I just need a tractor to maintain 5 acres.

/ Are Massey Ferguson 35s to old to buy? #2  
A good one would be perfect. Ken Sweet

/ Are Massey Ferguson 35s to old to buy? #3  
They are very good tractor. Parts are easy to get. They are strong reliable machines.

/ Are Massey Ferguson 35s to old to buy? #4  
Check it out--starts easily, no funny colored exhaust smoke, idles OK, pto works, 3pt hitch works, works in all tranny gears forward and reverse, no fluid leakages. My 1964 MF135 diesel has 4600 hours and runs OK. You'll need to get used to the clutch (awkward angle and hard to depress) and to the steering (you need to muscle it since the power assisted steering is pretty puny).

If the price is right, go for it.

Good luck.

/ Are Massey Ferguson 35s to old to buy?
How can I tell if a Massey Ferguson 35 has a multipower transmission by looking at pictures of the tractor?

/ Are Massey Ferguson 35s to old to buy? #6  
ArcherXC said:
How can I tell if a Massey Ferguson 35 has a multipower transmission by looking at pictures of the tractor?

I don't know about the MF35s but my MF245 with multipower has a separate lever on the dashboard left of the steering wheel. I have 2 diesel MF245s and even though the MF35s are older it was a close call between a 35 and my second 245 when I bought it. There were no MF135s to be found at the time. All are similar and great tractors. They are the kings of brush hogging in my opinion. Plus they are cool looking.

/ Are Massey Ferguson 35s to old to buy? #7  

My MF135 has MP. There's an up/down lever on the lower right hand side of the dashboard that controls the MP High/Low settings.

/ Are Massey Ferguson 35s to old to buy? #8  
good strong tractor.

in that same size you can look at fords int he 55-64 year range int he 600/601/800/801 series and get similar options.

all have good aprts support.

yes they are old.

as ken said. a good condition one will be a good 5ac machine.

/ Are Massey Ferguson 35s to old to buy? #9  
I would mot hesitate to own another. Really miss ours.

/ Are Massey Ferguson 35s to old to buy? #10  
Probably a better choice than most of the new ones that size .