2013 Tier IV

/ 2013 Tier IV #11  
I run a JD770G road grader, Interim Tier IV, with particulate filter. It automatically goes into regen mode. When it does the HP drops about 15%. Takes about 15 minutes to regen. Particulate filter has to be replaced around 5000 hours. Don't know the cost.

/ 2013 Tier IV #12  
The Kubota does not de-rate itself when it goes into automatic regen. It will try to burn the matter out of the DPF, but if you are not running over 1/2 throttle and under some load and it can't clean itself it will trigger another warning then de-rate about 25% to let you know it needs to be worked harder. Push the de-rate by-pass button and go work hard or let it set and put it into "parked regen". You don't neccessarily have to buy a new filte. There are businesses that will clean them for you. Check with large truck repair shop or truck dealer, they can probably direct you to a place or send it in for you. Problem with cleaning is the wait time while it is getting cleaned, engine won't let you run without it.

/ 2013 Tier IV #13  
what is the cost going to be on the filter??

We have a lot of questions about that ourselves. At this point basically non of our vendors are giving clear answers on what these machines are going to be like in the thousands of hours.

2000 hours seems low to me, I'd question if thats an accurate number. Everything I've ever heard from other vendors has been 3-4 times that.

/ 2013 Tier IV #14  
The lower the HP, the less stringent the requirements for Final Tier 4, so some may or may not have the same equipment as 75 - 150 HP have that just came out in the 2012 models of that HP. It all depends on how & if they redesign the engine internally. Most will at least have electronic injection, probably EGR, & sometype of oxidation catalyst. May or may not need DPF or DEF on them.
Kioti Tom, I think if you look close your 2 DS models are Interim Tier 4. The scuttlebut I heard when Bobcat was still planning on being in the tractor business the Daedongs in the 40-50 HP were going to be Electronic Injected, probably even the CK30/35.
The John Deere 1026 is right at the break point (25.2 HP) so if they drop the rating .2 HP they can use the same engine with no changes.
You are correct. I dug out the info that i do have the Intierim Tier 4. Thanks, Me bad!
Tom

/ 2013 Tier IV #15  
I wonder how hard it'll be to disable it. On a car or truck that gets inspected you need to have it intact when you get it inspected. But on a tractor nobody is going to come looking to see if your cat is still installed. I could see a market in the near future for people who build a kit to bypass the emissions. I'm sure they could only be sold as "troubleshooting" kits.

/ 2013 Tier IV #16  
If the life of the filter is something over 2000hrs, I don't think the cost will be a big issue for most users of this size tractor. For the "gentleman farmer" (or forester), it could take 15 years or more to accumulate that many hours of use. Commercial and small-farm users might have more of a concern, of course...
BOB

/ 2013 Tier IV #18  
I wonder how hard it'll be to disable it. On a car or truck that gets inspected you need to have it intact when you get it inspected. But on a tractor nobody is going to come looking to see if your cat is still installed. I could see a market in the near future for people who build a kit to bypass the emissions. I'm sure they could only be sold as "troubleshooting" kits.

For "on road" use vehicles. the kits are sold for off road use only to get around the EPA. I suspect that since tractors are only used off road, that loophole will not exist. The fine can be significant.