2013 Tier IV

/ 2013 Tier IV #1  

Labrat

Gold Member
Tractor
JD 2210
Just curious to know if any dealers are getting pricing info on the 2013 tractors that are above 25hp that will fall under the new tier 4 regulations?
I'm wondering how they will meet the new regulation, what pricing info is out there and do they plan on de-rating some engines to fly in under the radar?

Last edited:
   / 2013 Tier IV #2  
i seen pics on the kubota web site for the 8560 and new 99 horse it has a cat converter on top on the engine

/ 2013 Tier IV #4  
The Deere 1026R will be the 1025R and the only change in the tractor is the number.

/ 2013 Tier IV #5  
I have a Kubota M59 '11 model with Interim Tier 4, Expect Much more fuel usage.

David

Last edited:
   / 2013 Tier IV #6  
What will Tier 4 off-road engines have for emissions equipment? Catalytic converter, particulate filters, diesel exhaust fluid?

Just curious to know if they are mimicking the on-road diesels or if it's still behind by a step or two.

/ 2013 Tier IV #7  
The lower the HP, the less stringent the requirements for Final Tier 4, so some may or may not have the same equipment as 75 - 150 HP have that just came out in the 2012 models of that HP. It all depends on how & if they redesign the engine internally. Most will at least have electronic injection, probably EGR, & sometype of oxidation catalyst. May or may not need DPF or DEF on them.
Kioti Tom, I think if you look close your 2 DS models are Interim Tier 4. The scuttlebut I heard when Bobcat was still planning on being in the tractor business the Daedongs in the 40-50 HP were going to be Electronic Injected, probably even the CK30/35.
The John Deere 1026 is right at the break point (25.2 HP) so if they drop the rating .2 HP they can use the same engine with no changes.

/ 2013 Tier IV #8  
I got a price on a 2013 Kubota M8560 HDC yesterday, and it was $44,235. I got a price on a 2013 John Deere 5083E today, and it was $45,000. The price was with an H260 loader.
On the Kubota, when it goes into the regeneration process, you have to stop and hold down a dash mounted button. After 2000 hours the particulate filter has to be changed, and the filter cost about $2000. The JD dealer said the regen was automatic, he thought. I haven't found out how much a filter cost, yet.

Mike

/ 2013 Tier IV #9  
On the Kubota, when it goes into the regeneration process, you have to stop and hold down a dash mounted button.

Thats not totally true. You have to do a manual regen IF you run the engine in such a way that it does not have a chance to do an automatic regen. I'd guess the Deere is the same way. You just have to be sustaining the throttle at above about half.

/ 2013 Tier IV #10  
Thats not totally true. You have to do a manual regen IF you run the engine in such a way that it does not have a chance to do an automatic regen. I'd guess the Deere is the same way. You just have to be sustaining the throttle at above about half.

what is the cost going to be on the filter??