Buying Advice Ford 3000

/ Ford 3000 #1  

ArcherXC

Bronze Member
Tractor
1965 Massey Ferguson 135
Ford 3000 Help

I am looking at a Ford 3000 for my first tractor. It is gas and has about 2450 hrs on it. It is in decent shape and has only mowed grass for the last 8 years. The current owner is the 2nd owner. It is a 1966 model. Now for the questions. The first owner broke the tranny and when he replaced it he put the 4 spd in it. It has live pto but only has the 4 spd. It's been that way for years. Also I don't understand the numbers on the right side here's what I think they read its hard to see them.

- 6-F-20-1
- 61022A
- C142946F2

The top number doesn't match any thing I can find on the net. Can anyone tell me what is going on. He is asking $3000

Last edited:
   / Ford 3000 #2  
Re: Ford 3000 Help

From the info I have, I'm thinking some of the numbers you have are wrong and/or are letters. Can you clean the area or get a flashlight in there to be sure? Neither of the top two numbers are in exactly the right order to be sure of what they are telling you. I.E. both have a letter where they should have a number or vice versa.

Try this page for help in what to look for:
FORD CODES and SERIAL NUMBERS

I used it as a reference for mine and everything was correct and agreed with the service manual.

Are you concerned that the tractor is not the year/model he is telling you, or just looking for general information on the model itself?

/ Ford 3000 #3  
Re: Ford 3000 Help

I am looking at a Ford 3000 for my first tractor. It is gas and has about 2450 hrs on it. It is in decent shape and has only mowed grass for the last 8 years. The current owner is the 2nd owner. It is a 1966 model. Now for the questions. The first owner broke the tranny and when he replaced it he put the 4 spd in it. It has live pto but only has the 4 spd. It's been that way for years. Also I don't understand the numbers on the right side here's what I think they read its hard to see them.

- 6-F-20-1
- 61022A
- C142946F2

The top number doesn't match any thing I can find on the net. Can anyone tell me what is going on. He is asking $3000

The middle set may likely begin with "C" rather than "6" which would then make it the model number for a 3000 series tractor.
The 6F20 = 1966, June, 20 the last character is the shift.