Buying Advice G'day what tractor to buy??

/ G'day what tractor to buy??
Thanks for the info i will definetely be able to narrow the search. One quick qustion does anyone know a rough cost for interstate transport for a tractor as there seems to a few in VIC?

/ G'day what tractor to buy?? #12  
Hiya

I'm at the other end of Bylong Vallley Way, near Kandos. Welome to TBN :)
Not sure how far it is away from you but Tractors & Farm Machinery at tractorcentre.com.au has a place at Maitland. I went there to look at a Case Maxfarm 60. I didn't get that but they were very helpful. I'd do a search of dealers are near to you and see what they have rather than go interstate. It depends on how familiar you are with fixing tractors I suppose. I wasn't familiar with big machinery so bought new rather than second hand. Also if your not planning on using ground engaging stuff then maybe 60 HP may be fine. I got myself a 60 HP Kioti RX6010 as I'm just doing slashing, moving stuff, etc. Making hay will mean you need hay rakes, winowing stuff and baler which is a lot more money.

Mike

/ G'day what tractor to buy?? #13  
Thanks for the info i will definetely be able to narrow the search. One quick qustion does anyone know a rough cost for interstate transport for a tractor as there seems to a few in VIC?

I would have thought you'd be able to get something a little closer (western or northern NSW?) as transport is "dead" money - it's hard to give a rough estimate on transport as costs are all over the place & depends on size/weight/where/when/backload/remote/regional...etc.. very generally "guesstimate" maybe c.$1.50/km ?

To get a better idea & maybe a cheap deal try this link/forum:
HCVC Vintage Truck Forum - Index The Historic Commercial Vehicle Club are a helpful bunch, sign up, search for "trasnport wanted" threads as they'll provide some leads in specific areas & if required just post a "transport wanted" thread - I've moved some gear from SA very cheaply this way.
This guy is also advertsing on Gumtree reasonable freight backloads:
Machine transport,tamworth to Sydney Melbourne Brisbane Weekly Au | Heavy, Farming & Agriculture Equipment | Gumtree Australia Tamworth City - Tamworth 2340

You can often find some good value tractors on GumTree, farmmachinerysales.com.au (the Fiat DT 70-90 @$12K, Kubota M7030DT @ $19.8K look reasonable) , farmonlinemachinery.com.au & go to a few "on farm" clearing sales (The Land is the best source of auction dates/venues/inventory) .......

In MikeFarm's link the dealer has a Same 90 with FEL for $13K @ c.4000hrs, looks to be a "Panther" which is a lot of tractor for the money if it's in reasonable order & well maintained (should do 7000hrs+)

Be patient & look carefully, buying a tractor is just like buying a used car....it takes time to find the one just right for you
Good luck & post some photo's of the farm & equipment you end up with.

Last edited: