Buying Advice Help with Tractor purchase decision

/ Help with Tractor purchase decision #1  

mayt01

Tractor
na
I'm buying a small parcel of land with home. Located in Weimar, TX. Approx 25 acres, gentleman's ranch, they call it. . Wanting suggestions on tractor to purhase. My thought are that I would have need for loader, shredder and possible box blade attachment. But, not sure how much tractor I need or the best value brand. Would have jobs to do ,but probably more play. Any input would be appreciated.

Last edited:
   / Help with Tractor purchase decision #2  
Welcome to ranching. I bought a ranch in 2010 in Dripping Springs, we drive past weimar all the time on the way to our ranch. We have 11 acres and needed a tractor. I got a Kubota L2800 Geared tractor with a front end loader. I have a box blade, brush hog and a post hole digger. I chose the Kubota for reliability and price. I got mine from Normangee tractors online and have been happy with it ever since. I got enough tractor to do any job I need and it wasnt too high in price. Kubota had interst free loans at the time.

/ Help with Tractor purchase decision #3  
I bought a gentlemen's ranch last year as well, 12 acres in Spicewood, TX. I had the same questions you have. Reading these forums was a huge help for me. There a ton of folks here that know way more about tractors than I will ever know and are glad to share their knowledge. I ultimately bought a Kubota L3800 with FEL, 5ft shredder (squealer), and 5ft box blade. I love it. If you have trees to navigate regularly, get one with a hydrostatic transmission, you will thank yourself many times later. I had narrowed my options down to the Kubota L3800 or the JD 3038E. The two main reasons I got the Kubota was 1) I liked the Kubota dealership a lot more than the JD dealership and 2) the Kubota 3800 has a 3 range transmission. I had heard that for some shredding, the low can be too slow and the high can be too fast on some 2 range transmissions. I also liked the video at the link below, just keep in mind this video was made by Kubota

New Kubota Standard L-Series (L3200/L3800) - YouTube