Buying Advice Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #31  
If I recall, the documentation is in 3 sections for Bobcat. 1) Operators manual 2)service manual, 3) diagrams containing all of the component part numbers

Thus was for a commercial piece of equipment, don't know if it is the same for their re-badged tractors. If you didn't have the 3rd manual, you only had a vague idea of what you were replacing and clarification required going in to the dealer and looking at the screen with the dales guy. The nearest Bobcat dealer is about an hours drive away open Mon-fri. So I have to take time off work to go and see them. I ended up photocopying pages out of the manual and marking the parts I wanted and sending it by mail.

For my equipment there was nothing I could look up on line.

On the Compact tractors you just got a owners manual. You could get a work shop manual if you wanted. I guess you could get a parts diagram, I know some of the Kioti dealers have parts of the tractor online but not all of it.

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #33  
????????????????

What don't you understand about being so dumb as to order fluid?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #34  
What don't you understand about being so dumb as to order fluid?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

If you have a tractor that needs serviced and there is not a dealer close by you will either have to drive or have it shipped.

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #35  
If you have a tractor that needs serviced and there is not a dealer close by you will either have to drive or have it shipYo ped.[/QUOTE

You were talking about ordering fluid................

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #36  
If you have a tractor that needs serviced and there is not a dealer close by you will either have to drive or have it shipYo ped.[/QUOTE

You were talking about ordering fluid................

Yeah, your are not going to drink it, more than likely you would have a tractor that needed to be serviced. So you would have to drive far to get fluid or have it shipped.

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #37  
Actually, the comment about hydraulic fluid is not as innocent as it may seem. The commercial equipment is typically high pressure 5000psi working pressure, whereas a lot of ag equipment is lower pressure higher flow. I know that all of my hoses are rated that way, so I have to steer clear of lower duty hoses.

Bobcat does not provide a spec for their hydraulic fluid. Just their own part number. I used generic Hydrostatic fluid / hydraulic oil in mine when I changed the filters and I immediately noticed a reduction in performance on the implements. It is pretty flat where I live so I don't work the hydrostatic transmission too hard. I have since drained it and switched to 15-40 multigrade oil and the implements immediately were working better. It seems that "generic" hydrostatic fluid is 10w20 and high pressure pumps are unable to make full pressure with such thin oil as the internal leakage rate goes way up. I can't positively say that 15W40 is the correct fluid, but it is working much better than with the thin oil and I would be loathe to try a higher weight oil this late in the season. Maybe next spring I will try another weight higher.

And the prices you pay for oil at the dealer is pretty shocking to say the least.

/ Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business #38  
[

Yeah, your are not going to drink it, more than likely you would have a tractor that needed to be serviced. So you would have to drive far to get fluid or have it shipped.

How far is your dealer now??