Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
Results 61 to 67 of 67
  1. #61
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    762
    Location
    Trent Hills, ON
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE HST

    Default Re: Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business

    I can't imagine my dealer not trying to help a Bobcat owner out as best he can. Why would he be an *** about it? He could get a tractor sale in the future out of it, or he could piss off a customer who will never buy a thing from him again....
    I guess your right though, it would probably be a good idea to visit the local Kioti dealer and ask about parts in the future, and see if they are reasonable or not. Probably buying the Bobcat service and parts manuals would be cheap insurance as well, just to have on hand to match parts numbers or give to the service tech if your tractor needed major surgery in a decade or two.
    2011 DK40SE HST

  2. #62
    Veteran Member kiotiken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    2,099
    Location
    Dunrobin, Ont
    Tractor
    2012 Kioti DK45 HST Cab

    Default Re: Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    So I have to ask, has anyone actually gone into a Kioti dealer and asked if they are willing to sell Kioti parts for a Bobcat? I ask because I know some companies will refuse out of liability reasons. It could be each Kioti dealers decides for themselves or maybe Kioti will just provide all the dealers with the manuals to make sure they get the correct part. How often do you read threads about a dealer not wanting to do work on a tractor bought somewhere else even though it's the same brand? Or how grey market tractors get treated. Remember, for a lot of us any purchase will be a 20 to 30 year investment, I would want to verify I have more than a 10 year supply of parts. I wouldn't rule a Bobcat out but I would do my homework now to try and avoid frustration down the road.
    First off, there's no way if I walk in with a fist full of cash they won't sell me any part I ask for.

    Second, if you are worried about it, tell them you own a CK30 if you really have a CT230 or a DK40 if you have a CT440 etc... I don't usually bring my tractor along to get an oil filter, so how would they know the difference?

    I almost think MessickFarmEqu is simply pushing to sell more Bota's with his comments here, but I do agree with one thing he said, there will likely be some confusion at the parts desk, especially if you're reading a Bobcat service manual. If you're going to deal with a Kioti dealer investing in a Kioti service manual for your tractor may be a good move. For many/most parts, a lot of us just go to the parts desk and ask for "that thingy that goes under that tubey thing with the flatish piece that bends around the hose like part" anyway. Just don't tell the parts guy the parts are white in you mind and he should still be able to help you.

  3. #63
    Elite Member CurlyDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    4,098
    Location
    Grants Pass, OR
    Tractor
    JD TLB 110

    Default Re: Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business

    Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    ... For many/most parts, a lot of us just go to the parts desk and ask for "that thingy that goes under that tubey thing with the flatish piece that bends around the hose like part" anyway. Just don't tell the parts guy the parts are white in you mind and he should still be able to help you.
    If you try that around here they will make you turn in your man card before you leave the shop...
    40 Acres on a hill - fantastic view. JD 110 TLB, 4-n-1, 12" bucket, 18" bucket, Addington thumb, rock bucket (doubles as root grapple)

    Not only do we not understand the universe, if someone explained it to us, we would not know what he was talking about.

    Isaac Asimov

  4. #64
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,448
    Location
    SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

    Default Re: Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business

    Quote Originally Posted by crazyal View Post
    So I have to ask, has anyone actually gone into a Kioti dealer and asked if they are willing to sell Kioti parts for a Bobcat? I ask because I know some companies will refuse out of liability reasons. It could be each Kioti dealers decides for themselves or maybe Kioti will just provide all the dealers with the manuals to make sure they get the correct part. How often do you read threads about a dealer not wanting to do work on a tractor bought somewhere else even though it's the same brand? Or how grey market tractors get treated. Remember, for a lot of us any purchase will be a 20 to 30 year investment, I would want to verify I have more than a 10 year supply of parts. I wouldn't rule a Bobcat out but I would do my homework now to try and avoid frustration down the road.
    When Oldsmobile ceased to exist after 100 years... Buick sent out postcards to Olds Owners soliciting their business.

    Currently, I own several orphan cars and aftermarket parts sources are sufficient to keep them on the road.

    Between my kubota, Deere and Caterpillar... I would say CAT hands down has provided the best service and support on my now 30 year old Dozer.

    My Dealer, who I spent very little with over the years will always ask if it's a rush and will offer to bring it to the jobsite at no extra charge...

  5. #65
    Elite Member DT86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    2,992
    Location
    SWVA
    Tractor
    Kubota 9540, RTV 900 and David Brown 885.

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyDave

    If you try that around here they will make you turn in your man card before you leave the shop...
    I think he meant that he didn't show up with part numbers in hand, but instead looked parts up from the diagrams / parts book.

  6. #66
    Elite Member
    Parts Supplier
    MessickFarmEqu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,851
    Location
    Lancaster County, PA

    Default Re: Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business

    Quote Originally Posted by Foxtrot08 View Post
    Look on the Yellow side of the fence - Construction equipment.
    And a NH dealer should know. NH heavy equipment is a joke, try to get parts for any of their equipment. It's a guessing game of who made it, since they didn't. Kobelco made their excavators, which trying to get Kobelco parts for some series, is hard enough. Let alone anything else.
    It is hard (and CNH even owns Kobelco). Like I said, if the company does not build the product... I'd find something else. Maybe thats just me.

    Quote Originally Posted by kiotiken View Post
    I almost think MessickFarmEqu is simply pushing to sell more Bota's with his comments here, but I do agree with one thing he said, there will likely be some confusion at the parts desk, especially if you're reading a Bobcat service manual.
    Its not going to help me any. People on here are spread all over the country, the odds that someone here is within our radius is pretty slim. Just trying to help out the community.

  7. #67
    Bronze Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    58
    Location
    Goochland, Va
    Tractor
    Bobcat 773

    Default Re: Buying a Bobcat as they exit the business

    I have two older skid steers and I find the Bobcat dealers are great for parts. The dealers in our area are pleasant, helpful and the parts are pretty cheap (especially wear items).

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Similar Threads

  1. I Bobcat getting out of the CT business???
    By 1969grandpa in forum Bobcat Tractors
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 11-19-2013, 09:26 PM
  2. Bobcat tractors going out of business ???
    By gregpro50 in forum Bobcat Tractors
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 03-24-2013, 07:02 PM
  3. Advice on buying used Bobcat B250
    By JMiller8 in forum Bobcat Construction Equipment
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-27-2010, 08:23 PM
  4. BX exhaust exit options?
    By Jabroni in forum Kubota Owning/Operating
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-22-2010, 08:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.