What state has the lowest state sale tax?

/ What state has the lowest state sale tax? #1  

Anonymous Poster

Hi, I'm going to buy a B7500 Kubota tractor and don't want have to pay a very high sales tax. I have no property to meet state requirements of 5 acres or more. I will have to pay sales tax which is almost 10% in Tennessee.

Thanks, John.

/ What state has the lowest state sale tax? #2  
Re: What state has the lowest sale tax?

When I was in Pago Pago, American Samoa's... there was 0% tax... nothing was taxed... nothing...

of course that's about ~~ 9,000 miles from TN... give or take... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

By the way, I'm curious... what state did you purchase your last new car from...?

/ What state has the lowest state sale tax? #3  

<font color="red">9,000 miles from TN... give or take </font>

A little far to just drive the tractor home huh? /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

WOW! TN is 10%? I don't feel to bad now living in NY

/ What state has the lowest state sale tax?

The reason Tennessee sale tax is so high is there is no income tax here and the votes of Tennessee will not vote for an income tax here. We have the hightest state sale tax in the U.S. right now.

/ What state has the lowest state sale tax? #5  
When I lived in Vancouver Washington about 4 years ago, the sales tax just across the Columbia River in Oregon was 0%. Don’t know if it’s still that way.

Jim

/ What state has the lowest state sale tax? #6  
Yep, still no sales tax in Oregon. They nail us in every other way though - I think Oregon is in the top few highest tax states. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ What state has the lowest state sale tax? #7  
It's a hike for you, but New Hampshire has no sales tax. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ What state has the lowest state sale tax? #8  
As far as I know when you buy a tractor out of state there is no taxes, unless your home state has an agrement with the state your buying in. I would check with an out of state dealer, they will give you the scoop on the sales tax. I have an address in GA and I claim GA as my home state since my main home is there. In GA we have a 7% sales tax on tractors and everything else unless you have an AG exemption, then its a monster 0% /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

If I purchase in AL and claim GA the sales tax is also 0% on a tractor regardless of your AG status. Even if my home address was in AL the tax on AG equipment is 1.5%. But thats a straight 1.5%. No AG claim stuff according to my dealer. A car purchased out side AL is around 2.5%. Low? I think so.

So either way I would pay 0% with the AG exemption or I would pay 0% in AL if I had the AG or not because I live in another state. If I lived in AL I could buy in GA, but the 1.5% is probably not worth the hauling.

<font color="green"> So anyway, with all that worthless info out of the way, check and see if the nearest state has a tax aggrement with tenn. If your an AG business... a farm and paying taxes on that farm tenn could have a AG exemption. If not find the closest out of state dealer that is tax free and see if its worth the distance. At 10% it probably is </font> /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ What state has the lowest state sale tax?
5% here in SC, but 0 with the AG exemption

/ What state has the lowest state sale tax? #10  
Go across the state line into Arkansas. Tractors and equipment are not taxed here.