Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Super Star Member
    First organized permanent settlement in the northwest territory
    Tractor
    2003 Kubota BX1500/2004 Kubota Bx23/2005 Kubota BX1500

Default Re: Buying a compact Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Airportbum365 View Post
    Looking to buy a compact tractor
    The first one i looked at was the kubota BX-25 since they are around the corner from me
    but i am worried that the repair parts will be expensive. Are kubota parts expensive?
    *Is there a better compact tractor that is built in north america that is less expensive on parts?

Thanks Jason

*What gave you the missimpression that Kubota parts were more expensive than others?

*Are Kubota's parts the most expensive??
    Tractors 2003 Kubota BX1500 / 2004 Kubota Bx23 / 2005 Kubota BX1500.
    Attachments 60'' Front Blade/48'' Rear Tiller/FEL/Back Hoe /
    60'' MMM/Clamp on Forks/48'' MMM
    South of Canton Ohio L .B

Tractor
    MF 1635 12x12 Powershuttle

Quote Originally Posted by LBrown59 View Post

*What gave you the missimpression that kubota parts were more expensive than others?
    Probably thinking that since Japanese car parts are expensive, that the same may apply to tractors.
    Thanks,

Will

I do not care if someone's net nanny is watching!! You need to stop...

Tractor
    Ford LGT 14D

Quote Originally Posted by WilliamBos

Probably thinking that since Japanese car parts are expensive, that the same may apply to tractors.
    I was just told to ask around to see how much
    Roughly they would be

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 3038E

If you buy a new CUT and take care of it, parts will not be a concern for some time. Tractors are sturdier than cars, and - operated by those who care about them - last practically forever. I've got a John Deere 3038e and find it perfect. Had a cared-for JD before - 35+ years old - and bought one part in 11 years.

Pick a tractor based on your needs, how it fits you (meaning you have to actually run it a bit), and the strength of your dealership. If you are really into parts, pick some common parts and compare them online. JD parts tend to be a touch more... Sometimes. Some kubota parts top JD parts. But it isn't something to heavily influence your purchase.

Tractor
    John Deere 3520

Just bought a 2007 JD 3520, ehydro with 300cx loader, and 72" belly mower. It has 800 hours and in pristine condition. I believe the other owner only used it to mow. I feel like I got a decent deal at $18k. What do you guys think? This is my first operable tractor I've ever owned and don't know a whole lot about tractors.

Tractor
    Deere, Case, Kioti

I looked at a ton of small tractors before I went with a Kioti DK45. I don't think it is built in U.S.A but it is still very high quality from the floor mat to the steering wheel, hydraulics, everything. it is an awesome tractor and I would highly recommend. I test drove a lot of tractors before I went with the Kioti including kubota, new holland, case, deere, branson. The Kioti was the best in almost every way I could think of AND it was the least expensive. No kidding I am totally blown away by the tractor. I did get an amazing deal though from a guy that needed to get rid of it quick and my nearest Kioti dealer is 2 hours from me so thats why I got it so cheap. Still at a comparable price it is definitely worth looking at. I got my 2008 dk45 with 120 hours with loader and a scraper for 15,500. I don't think you'll beat that deal anywhere but it was easily better than a lot of tractors over 20,000.

Tractor
    Kubota M7040, Bobcat CT235, Kubota BX23 TLB & RTV 900

Looking to buy a compact tractor
    The first one i looked at was the kubota BX-25 since they are around the corner from me
    but i am worried that the repair parts will be expensive. Are kubota parts expensive?
    Is there a better compact tractor that is built in north america that is less expensive on parts?

Thanks Jason
    Hi Jason,
    The BX is a nice unit and Kubota prices are not out of line with other manufacturers. A BX may be fine for you depending on your needs, but go bigger if you can. It's nice to have the power when you need it. My BX is nice, but not much power.
    F350 6.4 Dually, PJ 14K 20', PJ 3.5K

Tractor
    Ford LGT 14D

Do you mean the B series?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400 HST with FEL and QA forks

Have had three Kubotas; After 11,000 hrs (yes eleven thousand) my 1983 B6100 started to fail, my 2005 B7510 has 2100 hrs and dispite rolling down the ramp into the river has had no issues save a draglink and pittman arm that stripped and wore, and my 2010 L3400 has 700 hrs. Other than the above repairs the only thing I have done to them is oil and filters and a battery on the 7510 and front tires on the 6100 before trading on the 7510. Can't speak to the other makes as I have owned none save an old International 414 twenty years ago. But if my Kubotas were lost tomorrow; I would likely buy another

Tractor
    Kubota M7040, Bobcat CT235, Kubota BX23 TLB & RTV 900

Do you mean the B series?
    Yes, the "B" series. As I noted, the BX is nice for small jobs, but not much power as the work load gets more demanding. That's when you'd regret not having more HP and capacity. Despite the power issue, it's been a very reliable tractor. I still use it often for small stuff.
    F350 6.4 Dually, PJ 14K 20', PJ 3.5K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12