Buying Advice Buying a compact Tractor

/ Buying a compact Tractor #11  
Looking to buy a compact tractor
The first one i looked at was the kubota BX-25 since they are around the corner from me
but i am worried that the repair parts will be expensive. Are kubota parts expensive?
*Is there a better compact tractor that is built in north america that is less expensive on parts?

Thanks Jason

*What gave you the missimpression that Kubota parts were more expensive than others?

*Are Kubota's parts the most expensive??

/ Buying a compact Tractor
WilliamBos said:
Probably thinking that since Japanese car parts are expensive, that the same may apply to tractors.

I was just told to ask around to see how much
Roughly they would be

/ Buying a compact Tractor #14  
If you buy a new CUT and take care of it, parts will not be a concern for some time. Tractors are sturdier than cars, and - operated by those who care about them - last practically forever. I've got a John Deere 3038e and find it perfect. Had a cared-for JD before - 35+ years old - and bought one part in 11 years.

Pick a tractor based on your needs, how it fits you (meaning you have to actually run it a bit), and the strength of your dealership. If you are really into parts, pick some common parts and compare them online. JD parts tend to be a touch more... Sometimes. Some Kubota parts top JD parts. But it isn't something to heavily influence your purchase.

/ Buying a compact Tractor #15  
Just bought a 2007 JD 3520, ehydro with 300cx loader, and 72" belly mower. It has 800 hours and in pristine condition. I believe the other owner only used it to mow. I feel like I got a decent deal at $18k. What do you guys think? This is my first operable tractor I've ever owned and don't know a whole lot about tractors.

/ Buying a compact Tractor #16  
I looked at a ton of small tractors before I went with a Kioti DK45. I don't think it is built in U.S.A but it is still very high quality from the floor mat to the steering wheel, hydraulics, everything. it is an awesome tractor and I would highly recommend. I test drove a lot of tractors before I went with the Kioti including kubota, new holland, case, deere, branson. The Kioti was the best in almost every way I could think of AND it was the least expensive. No kidding I am totally blown away by the tractor. I did get an amazing deal though from a guy that needed to get rid of it quick and my nearest Kioti dealer is 2 hours from me so thats why I got it so cheap. Still at a comparable price it is definitely worth looking at. I got my 2008 dk45 with 120 hours with loader and a scraper for 15,500. I don't think you'll beat that deal anywhere but it was easily better than a lot of tractors over 20,000.

/ Buying a compact Tractor #17  
Looking to buy a compact tractor
The first one i looked at was the kubota BX-25 since they are around the corner from me
but i am worried that the repair parts will be expensive. Are kubota parts expensive?
Is there a better compact tractor that is built in north america that is less expensive on parts?

Thanks Jason
Hi Jason,
The BX is a nice unit and Kubota prices are not out of line with other manufacturers. A BX may be fine for you depending on your needs, but go bigger if you can. It's nice to have the power when you need it. My BX is nice, but not much power.

/ Buying a compact Tractor #19  
Have had three Kubotas; After 11,000 hrs (yes eleven thousand) my 1983 B6100 started to fail, my 2005 B7510 has 2100 hrs and dispite rolling down the ramp into the river has had no issues save a draglink and pittman arm that stripped and wore, and my 2010 L3400 has 700 hrs. Other than the above repairs the only thing I have done to them is oil and filters and a battery on the 7510 and front tires on the 6100 before trading on the 7510. Can't speak to the other makes as I have owned none save an old International 414 twenty years ago. But if my Kubotas were lost tomorrow; I would likely buy another

/ Buying a compact Tractor #20  
Do you mean the B series?
Yes, the "B" series. As I noted, the BX is nice for small jobs, but not much power as the work load gets more demanding. That's when you'd regret not having more HP and capacity. Despite the power issue, it's been a very reliable tractor. I still use it often for small stuff.