Buying Advice Buying a compact Tractor

/ Buying a compact Tractor #1  

Airportbum365

Tractor
Ford LGT 14D
Looking to buy a compact tractor
The first one i looked at was the kubota BX-25 since they are around the corner from me
but i am worried that the repair parts will be expensive. Are kubota parts expensive?
Is there a better compact tractor that is built in north america that is less expensive on parts?

Thanks Jason

/ Buying a compact Tractor #2  
The smartest thing you can do is stay Japanese built compact. The quality and engineering they put into their tractors is incredible. Kubota, well taken care of will give you years of trouble free service.

/ Buying a compact Tractor #3  
I agree. I own a john deere 1026r and it is great. It is assembled in the usa

/ Buying a compact Tractor #4  
Ditto. CC/Yanmar here and trouble free for 18 months. I only shopped those built in Japan, and assembled here. Lots to choose from. Enjoy the process:)

/ Buying a compact Tractor #5  
I'm 2nd owner of a Kubota BX24 (2007).
Great machine. Now has just over 300 hours.
No regrets.

Pete

/ Buying a compact Tractor #7  
Airportbum365 said:
Are Kubota's parts the most expensive??

Thanks

No, that would be john deere, but not a lot more expensive. Honestly its not like a car. You don't spend thousands of dollars on it every few years as long as you keep clean fluids in it.

/ Buying a compact Tractor #8  
I don't believe there is a "better built" tractor than Kubota in that size and parts are in line with others; other makes are in my opinion are often as good and you will not be spending much on parts for any if you don't abuse them and service regularly.

/ Buying a compact Tractor #10  
I've got 29 years of trouble free service out of a Kubota B6200. Just replaced my water pump for the first time.

Last edited: