Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Elite Member
    Tractor
    Branson 2400H

Default Re: Deere v Kuboto

Quote Originally Posted by ksks View Post
    New member here. Thanks for the site!

I've always owned Deere and need to replace the current model.
    I'm looking at the x540.
    But, there's not a dealer within 60 miles. I have a local Kuboto dealer but know nothing about them.
    Any thoughts/comparisons?

Thanks,

ksks
    I believe the BX series kubota would be small step up from the JD X540. BX has MFWD, 3PH, rear and mid PTO as standard equipment. I am not sure how the "GR" series Kubota would compare to the x540 though.

My son has a X485 with 1300 hrs and loves it but it is smaller than my BX1850 & weighs around 400 lbs less. The X series deere turn sharper than the BX kubota.

Both do great job at mowing the lawn.
    Artificial Intelligence will never overcome natural stupidity.

Branson 2400H MMM & FEL

JD 112

BX1850 gone but not forgotten

Elite Member
    Parts Supplier

Quote Originally Posted by DT86 View Post
    Please, I invite anyone who is this mislead to come drive my M9540
    Yea. There was a time that it was safe to say that kubota was behind in Utility tractors. I don't think that's true any longer. The large frame machines still lack some of the features of CNH \ Deere, however they are priced WAY less as well.

Tractor
    Kubota BX25

As a kubota guy (and former JD garden tractor owner) I'd probably stay with JD for anything equivalent to an X540. I think the closest machine Kubota makes to that model is the GR series, but I've read good and bad on them. If I were shopping for a decent garden tractor, I'd check out Simplicity and Cub Cadet as well as the JD you're looking at. Good luck.
    Chris

2 acres and a mule, er, Kubota BX25, and too many other toys,er, tools to list.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M59

I know this is beating a dead horse, but I gotta throw my 2 cents in. I've got over 6500 hours in two JD tractors and only a little under 200 hrs in a kubota. There is no ? in my mind, JD is Superior in quality and design over Kubota.

David

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by dsgsr View Post
    I know this is beating a dead horse, but I gotta throw my 2 cents in. I've got over 6500 hours in two JD tractors and only a little under 200 hrs in a kubota. There is no ? in my mind, JD is Superior in quality and design over Kubota.

David
    Yeah, I've got both too and there is no ? in my mind they are pretty much the same; doesn't really mean all that much. I like some JD models better than some Kubota models and some Kubota models better than JD.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    JD 1026R -- Bolens/Isecki H1502

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Yeah, I've got both too and there is no ? in my mind they are pretty much the same; doesn't really mean all that much. I like some JD models better than some kubota models and some Kubota models better than JD.
    I agree with that. I just purchased a Deere for various personal preferences, but the quality of one over the other had nothing to do with it.

Tractor
    John Deere 3720 Premium Cab

I like them both and would own either. The dealer experience / reputation before and after the sale is a big factor for me. I recently went from a New Holland to John Deere and have no regrets.
    2012 John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300CX Loader w/ 73" HD Bucket, Artillian Forks, 681 Tiller, 72D AutoConnect Mower, 59" Two-stage Snow Blower, Ballast Box, Frontier TR2058 Overseeder, Frontier SS2067B Broadcast
    Spreader, iMatch.

1953 Ford NAA Golden Jubilee - Currently disassembled waiting for restoration.
    1947 Allis Chalmers Model B - Still running great - handed down from my Grandfather to my Father to me.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

My inlaws have 3 Kubotas (a BX, a B and an L) and one Deere (L100 series). Dad has owned a kubota G4200, G5200 and a Deere 755.
    Build quality is comparable between then two, IMO, dealer quality will make more or a difference than Deere vs Kubota.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota b2920

I like and own both. Thought i would buy anothet jd when i got my latest, but felt kubota was unbeatable in their offering for 25-30 hp. Both appear to have great reputations, resale and market share. Jd in some cases seems to have a price premium. Try both and youll like the layout of one better than the other. I personally think my jd green stuff looks great on my kubota orange machine.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota M59

I was speaking from a Commercial standpoint, where performance matters. I spend much more time operating tractors & equipment than I do posting about them.

David

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast