Comparison Deere v Kuboto

/ Deere v Kuboto #11  
New member here. Thanks for the site!

I've always owned Deere and need to replace the current model.
I'm looking at the x540.
But, there's not a dealer within 60 miles. I have a local Kuboto dealer but know nothing about them.
Any thoughts/comparisons?

Thanks,

ksks

I believe the BX series Kubota would be small step up from the JD X540. BX has MFWD, 3PH, rear and mid PTO as standard equipment. I am not sure how the "GR" series Kubota would compare to the x540 though.

My son has a X485 with 1300 hrs and loves it but it is smaller than my BX1850 & weighs around 400 lbs less. The X series deere turn sharper than the BX kubota.

Both do great job at mowing the lawn.

/ Deere v Kuboto #12  
Please, I invite anyone who is this mislead to come drive my M9540 :)

Yea. There was a time that it was safe to say that Kubota was behind in Utility tractors. I don't think that's true any longer. The large frame machines still lack some of the features of CNH \ Deere, however they are priced WAY less as well.

/ Deere v Kuboto #13  
As a Kubota guy (and former JD garden tractor owner) I'd probably stay with JD for anything equivalent to an X540. I think the closest machine Kubota makes to that model is the GR series, but I've read good and bad on them. If I were shopping for a decent garden tractor, I'd check out Simplicity and Cub Cadet as well as the JD you're looking at. Good luck.

/ Deere v Kuboto #14  
I know this is beating a dead horse, but I gotta throw my 2 cents in. I've got over 6500 hours in two JD tractors and only a little under 200 hrs in a Kubota. There is no ? in my mind, JD is Superior in quality and design over Kubota.

David

/ Deere v Kuboto #15  
I know this is beating a dead horse, but I gotta throw my 2 cents in. I've got over 6500 hours in two JD tractors and only a little under 200 hrs in a Kubota. There is no ? in my mind, JD is Superior in quality and design over Kubota.

David

Yeah, I've got both too and there is no ? in my mind they are pretty much the same; doesn't really mean all that much. I like some JD models better than some Kubota models and some Kubota models better than JD.

/ Deere v Kuboto #16  
Yeah, I've got both too and there is no ? in my mind they are pretty much the same; doesn't really mean all that much. I like some JD models better than some Kubota models and some Kubota models better than JD.

I agree with that. I just purchased a Deere for various personal preferences, but the quality of one over the other had nothing to do with it.

/ Deere v Kuboto #17  
I like them both and would own either. The dealer experience / reputation before and after the sale is a big factor for me. I recently went from a New Holland to John Deere and have no regrets.

/ Deere v Kuboto #18  
My inlaws have 3 Kubotas (a BX, a B and an L) and one Deere (L100 series). Dad has owned a Kubota G4200, G5200 and a Deere 755.
Build quality is comparable between then two, IMO, dealer quality will make more or a difference than Deere vs Kubota.

Aaron Z

/ Deere v Kuboto #19  
I like and own both. Thought i would buy anothet jd when i got my latest, but felt kubota was unbeatable in their offering for 25-30 hp. Both appear to have great reputations, resale and market share. Jd in some cases seems to have a price premium. Try both and youll like the layout of one better than the other. I personally think my jd green stuff looks great on my kubota orange machine.

/ Deere v Kuboto #20  
I was speaking from a Commercial standpoint, where performance matters. I spend much more time operating tractors & equipment than I do posting about them.

David