Comparison Deere v Kuboto

/ Deere v Kuboto #1  

ksks

Tractor
none
New member here. Thanks for the site!

I've always owned Deere and need to replace the current model.
I'm looking at the x540.
But, there's not a dealer within 60 miles. I have a local Kuboto dealer but know nothing about them.
Any thoughts/comparisons?

Thanks,

ksks

/ Deere v Kuboto #2  
I thought i wanted a Deere until i looked at Kubota. IMHO, the size/class of tractor that I bought (Kubota 3540), I felt that I got more tractor for the money. I'm certain that others on here feel quite different. Just like they say, comparing apples and oranges and everyone has an opinion. I would advise that you find the size with the options that you want, compare the two brands and prices. I don't think you'll go wrong either way. Both are proven machines.

/ Deere v Kuboto #3  
I'm not familiar with that model, but both John Deere and Kubota make excellent products.

/ Deere v Kuboto #4  
Not much help, but I will tell you what John Deere dealers and others tell me. Kubota makes fine small tractors, which I would think includes any thing under 40 or 50hp. The comments on the larger ones are that Kubota is generally inferior to John Deere. I have been researching tractors for the last 6 months or so and I think used prices seem to reflect that thinking.

I would lend more credence to someone who as actually owned both though.

/ Deere v Kuboto #5  
assume quality and reliability are equal between the two. You can't prove otherwise.
Now, familiarize yourself with the functions, features, layout, dealers and price of the two models that meet your needs.
A lot of reading here on TBN will educate you on features such as HST, etc.
Now, all you have to do is make a choice...good luck!

Myself, I did the above and Kubota came out on top for dealer, price, functions and features for me. I have 1200 hrs now, no regrets except wish I had HST+, which was not available when I was purchasing.

/ Deere v Kuboto #6  
JLinOK said:
Kubota makes fine small tractors, which I would think includes any thing under 40 or 50hp. The comments on the larger ones are that Kubota is generally inferior to John Deere. ...

...I would lend more credence to someone who as actually owned both though.

Please, I invite anyone who is this mislead to come drive my M9540 :)

/ Deere v Kuboto #7  
The model the OP is talking about is more of a lawn tractor, just to clear the air. I don't know much about JD or Kubota mowers, but can't say much about my zero turn mower. If you're just cutting grass, it may be a better choice, depending mostly on terrain.

/ Deere v Kuboto #8  
Welcome to the forum. I mowed grass for a guy that had a X540. It was nice but I did not think it was as stable as my Cub Cadet 2206. Have you looked at the 2500 series Cub Cadet? The Cub has a horizontal crankahaft engine and is shaft drive. Another thing you may want to consider is a sub compact tractor like a kubota bx or a john deere 1series. If you have hilly terrain the 4wd will come in handy. A sub compact is a more rugged built machine than a garden tractor. You can do alot more with a sub compact too. You could probably get into a BX1860 with a deck for 10,500ish.

/ Deere v Kuboto #10  
JD makes good stuff, but you can not go wrong with Kubota!